• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

How early should I book shore excursions

itzmered

you are going to change your mind, at least, 3 times by then. each time you want to cancel, you will have to call NCL to do so. you can book online, but you have to call to cancel.

just do your homework until august or sept, then you will have the current list of excursions for that season. we booked in sept for a dec cruise and had no problems getting what we wanted.

have you checked out the port-of-calls boards? you can get information on local tours and general information for that port.

Yes I have been reading a lot on the ports of call boards. I really want to go to Lamanai in Belize and since it sounds so popular I don't want to take a chance on missing out on it. From everything I have read it sounds like we could probably book a little cheaper through someone else but since it is such a long excursion I will feel more comfortable booking through NCL. DOn't want to take any chances of missing the ship because of some type of delay.

i booked lamanai 2 1/2 months before the cruise. the day of the tour, we only had 23 people. most people want beaches, not walking around in the heat :D (they don't know what they are missing).

some want to go to the more well-known mayan sites...which is fine, keeps lamanai from getting crowded.

most of your fellow cruisers will NOT want to spend a total of (over) 2 hours on a bus and 2 more hours on a speed boat for spend a little more then an hour walking around in the dirt and mud.

i am not sure you can even book it yet, i think you have to wait until the new contracts for that season are set? since the spirit starts that season in nov, still gives you plenty of time.

glad to see you excited about lamanai, it's great!!!

Archived