• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Lirica Ft. Lauderdale Embarkation

cruisingagain2

Anybody whose been on a ten day out of ft. lauderdale. this winter...when do they actually start embarkation....and do they have a welcome-aboard buffet before diner, as the ship leaves at 7:00 p.m. ???? Dcoumentation says to be there by 4:00 p.m., but do they let on board any earlier ?

Thanks

I sailed on the Lirica from 02/12/09 to 02/22/09...they started boarding in Ft Lauderdale at 12:30pm, it was a very quick process, you meet a white glove attendant when you board and they take you to your room....It was very quick process, about 15 minutes total from the time I dropped off the bags. One piece of advice, when they snap your picture at the counter, stand back a little since there is an overhang and it casts a shadow on your face, I saw this every time my picture came up when my card was scanned. They do have a buffet when you board in the Le Bistrot Buffet...it's on the 11th floor, it was open until 4pm. They take video of the muster drill and then show it all week on the TV, you may see yourself. it was a fun cruise, food ranged from edible to very good. happy sailing.

One more piece of valuable advice!!! bring your own hot/cold mug with a lid....the buffet and eateries give you tiny juice glasses...most people had 3 or 4 juice glasses each. it saved me alot of time and refills.

One more piece of valuable advice!!! bring your own hot/cold mug with a lid....the buffet and eateries give you tiny juice glasses...most people had 3 or 4 juice glasses each. it saved me alot of time and refills.

Great piece of advice. The glasses they provide seem to be a little larger then a shot glass.

Just got back from Lirica's eastern 10 day cruise.Our flight landed at 1:00 and we got to Port Everglades about 1:30.Check-in was a breeze.It was obvious plenty of people had already borded the ship.I remember reading somewhere that check-in started at 1:00,but it may be earlier than that.When we disembarked we stayed on Lirica until they asked all remaining passengers to leave.That was 10:30 and we were the last people to go through customs so that gives them about 2 1/2 hours to get ready for the next group.When you get on board they have a bunch of cabin stewards waiting there to show you to your room.That was nice.

Yes, the buffet is up and running when you get on.Muster drill was at 4:30, and first dinner seating was at 5:30.Lirca docks over by the Princess terminal.Just north of the rest of the piers so its a little less crowded.

Thanks WDBGUY!! I will be going on the Lirica for 10 days on the 13th of April. I was wondering if it was allowed to bring your own Travel Mug for drinks. This is my very first Cruise so any bits of advice I can get/pick up are very helpful.

I had so many people tell me they wished they did the same thing...

bring a hot/cold insulated mug...the gift shop ran out of them !!!

I was able to get iced tea and coffee at almost any time of day.

I am convinced, they are trying to prevent people from wasting

the beverages by giving them tiny 6 OZ juice glasses all the time.

Also, I picked up a bottle of antibacterial liquid pump hand soap

to keep in the bathroom and a few bars of my own soap for the

shower....they give you small bars of soap on the ship.

1 bottle of liquid hand soap lasted me the 10 days.

I bought a case of 12 cans of Pepsi since I don't like Coke.

I put it right into the xray machine in Ft Lauderdale without

concealing it...they said nothing. I figured if they took it,

I would only lose a few dollars. carried it in plain sight.

Archived