• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Brooklyn to Philly - Need Transportation Back to Philly

Cruisingcab

Arriving in Brooklyn on May 24, 2009 on Caribbean Princess (repositioning cruise) need transportation back to Philadelphia. Does anyone have any ideas for shuttles, buses, limos, etc. :)

News Article

9/7/2006

Princess Introduces New Transportation Option to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

Northeast Area Passengers Can Leave Their Cars at Home and Travel To and From Their Ship in Comfort with New Motorcoach Routes

SANTA CLARITA, Calif. (September 7, 2006) - Travelers from the Northeast sailing aboard Princess ships from the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal next summer will enjoy a convenient new transportation option to get to and from their ship as the company introduces a pre- and post-cruise motorcoach transfer service from a variety of Northeast locations.

The new service begins in May 2007 for passengers sailing aboard Crown Princess' summer Caribbean cruises from Brooklyn, and continues through the ship's Canada/New England fall cruises. Four unique roundtrip routes serve all the major metropolitan areas in the Northeast, including the Baltimore/Washington, D.C. area; eastern Pennsylvania; Massachusetts; and the Connecticut/Providence, Rhode Island area.

"A traveler's vacation can start that much sooner with this new service because passengers can relax on the way to their ship without worry about driving or parking at the cruise terminal," said Jan Swartz, Princess' senior vice president of customer service and sales. "The program offers competitive rates and a convenient schedule that will make cruising from Brooklyn even more attractive to local passengers."

Princess' Northeast Motorcoach program includes four routes. The first travels from Washington, D.C. to Baltimore; Wilmington, Delaware; Philadelphia and Burlington, New Jersey. Route two runs through Pennsylvania, departing from Harrisburg and traveling to Lancaster, Reading, Allentown and Easton. The third route begins in Boston, with subsequent stops in Worcester and Springfield, Massachusetts and Hartford, Connecticut. The fourth itinerary departs from Providence, RI and travels through Connecticut with stops in New London, New Haven and Bridgeport. All routes operate in reverse as well for the post-cruise return home.

Princess' Northeast Motorcoach Service is available from May 12 to October 13, 2007. All routes feature comfortable, air-conditioned motorcoaches and can accommodate wheelchair passengers with prior notification. Roundtrip fares for the Northeast Motorcoach Program range between $100 and $155 per person, depending on pickup location.

Princess' Northeast Motorcoach Service is available from May 12 to October 13, 2007. All routes feature comfortable, air-conditioned motorcoaches and can accommodate wheelchair passengers with prior notification. Roundtrip fares for the Northeast Motorcoach Program range between $100 and $155 per person, depending on pickup location.

I remember reading on another thread that this service was only offered round trip. If true, it would not help the OP who is on a repositioning cruise.

Arriving in Brooklyn on May 24, 2009 on Caribbean Princess (repositioning cruise) need transportation back to Philadelphia. Does anyone have any ideas for shuttles, buses, limos, etc. :)

There are some train options via:

http://www.njtransit.com/

http://www.riverline.com/

http://www.ridepatco.org/

Amtrak is probably easiest/most direct of trains if you can take another line or other system to NYC station.

If you can get a Princess transfer to nearest airport, there is likely airport info on travel to & from airport to Philly.

AMTRAK runs several trains a day from NY to Philly...so does NJ transit.

AMTRAK runs several trains a day from NY to Philly...so does NJ transit.

NJ Transit would take you to Trenton and then you'd have to transfer to Septa.

This option would be less expensive than Amtrak but also take longer/be less convenient.

port authority for the bus would probably be the cheapest - although, when I did this it was a long time on the bus

amtrak is the fastest, most direct, but also the most expensive of public transport

i'd usually take NJ Transit into Trenton and then transfer to Septa ..... I always found it to be easy enough and pretty quick - however, if you have a lot of luggage or are looking to ride in peak commute hours it may be frustrating - especially when people mad dash on the platforms to change trains

port authority for the bus would probably be the cheapest - although, when I did this it was a long time on the bus

amtrak is the fastest, most direct, but also the most expensive of public transport

i'd usually take NJ Transit into Trenton and then transfer to Septa ..... I always found it to be easy enough and pretty quick - however, if you have a lot of luggage or are looking to ride in peak commute hours it may be frustrating - especially when people mad dash on the platforms to change trains

You're right, NJ Transit and Septa is the quickest, but with luggage I wouldn't even consider it:eek:

Archived