• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

How much would you spend to upgrade to OV on Majesty?

I have done a JS, an inside and an OV cabin before... right now, we are booked in an inside gty. Its just my daughter (almost 8) and I for the 3n. It would cost $160 total to upgrade us to an OV gty. There are some good cabins available (ones on deck 8 with LITTLE obstruction). I know I get what I get but know I can also change between the catergory I am assigned. Would it be worth it to spend $160 to upgrade the 2 of us? Now, it wont break the bank but it will decide our excursion in Nassau :) Atlantis vs Blackbeards Cay

Have never stayed in an inside cabin, but looking at this from an 8 yo standpoint........your DD will certainly enjoy the Atlantis excursion MORE than she may enjoy a 'window' for a 3 night cruise where (assuming the itinerary is not altered by Mother Nature ;) ) the majority of your time will be spent off the ship!!! :D

BTW, w/ you being 21 days from your cruise, w/ your Inside Gty, it is still possible to find an upgrade in your future.......then you receive the best of both options, just a thought!!! ;)

Bruce

The Majesty is so port intensive that the only time you're in your cabin is at night ... nothing to see! Stay with the inside and enjoy your cruise!!

This is my thought as well. We are balcony people, but for the 3 day I found the inside to be just fine. When I do the 4 day I would probably do the inside again, just closer to the elevators;)

I would not spend the money to upgrade to an OV. I feel it would be worth a little more to upgrade to a Balcony! I think the OV rooms are pointless. What is the point of having a window that does not allow any fresh air to penetrate the room! A balcony is wonderful, as you know from having as JS. But, if it is not worth the money to upgrade to it, then stick with the interior. How much time will you spend in your room anyway?

I've sailed with my son, once in an inside cabin, once in OV. He LOVED the window. Both were short cruises - one 4-nights (the OV), one 5-nights (the inside).

I'm on a very tight budget and have never cruised with a balcony because it's not worth the extra money to me. However, $160 for a window is so worth it to me - and my son felt the same.

We woke up every morning - as I do on all my cruises - and looked out our porthole (we usually room in the "basement" on deck 2, to save $) to see the ocean. It's a huge joy to me to wake to that view every day.

No one can decide for you, but I wanted to include my minority opinion here.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE! YOUR DAUGHTER WILL LOVE IT, WHICHEVER ROOM YOU CHOOSE!

Been on 7 cruises 2 with DD's the frist one we took them had a OV which they looked out the window once the second time they never opened the drapes. I agree your DD would enjoy Atlantis much more then a window. I'm going on a RCL in Aug. with BFF (1st cruise for her) and we have an inside cabin, on the Majesty of the Seas 4 day - port intense not worth the money for OV/Balcony. Your call, either way I'm sure you and you DD will have a great cruise with lots of fun.

I've sailed with my son, once in an inside cabin, once in OV. He LOVED the window. Both were short cruises - one 4-nights (the OV), one 5-nights (the inside).

I'm on a very tight budget and have never cruised with a balcony because it's not worth the extra money to me. However, $160 for a window is so worth it to me - and my son felt the same.

We woke up every morning - as I do on all my cruises - and looked out our porthole (we usually room in the "basement" on deck 2, to save $) to see the ocean. It's a huge joy to me to wake to that view every day.

No one can decide for you, but I wanted to include my minority opinion here.

ENJOY YOUR CRUISE! YOUR DAUGHTER WILL LOVE IT, WHICHEVER ROOM YOU CHOOSE!

Agreed!! I would never do an inside cabin. I love waking up in the morning and looking outside to remind myself I'm in the caribbean. The insides seem claustrophobic. You're on vacation...make the most of it! Have fun with whatever you choose!! :D

Thanks everyone! The kids only cruise (well this DD's) was in an OV with this HUGE window seat they could sit in it and watch everything. Since my DD doesnt know she is going per se (she is HOPING) I cant ask her. But with 2 days getting into port (or tendering if its nice enough) at 8am, maybe it isnt worth it. If prices drop and its less than $100 I will definitely upgrade. I think she will enjoy the day at Atlantis more than a window!

So you are saying no excursion if you upgrade? Oh yeah, don't upgrade. That's easy. :)

I have an OV obstructed on Deck 8 for our 4 day Majesty which will be our first OV in a while. We are used to balconies. But there is NO WAY I can justify the $1,000 it would take to get a balcony for this sailing. :eek: That's just sick...lol.

My kids don't know about Majesty either. I am going to give it to them as an "end of school" present. :D

I did a B2B on the sister ship SOV, one in a inside and one in a OV, the OV was a $80 upgrade. I think it was worth it. We HATED the inside we had, but there were also a lot of problems with things broken, the room was backwards so the reading lamps at our feet, etc.

The window made the teeny tiny cabin bearable. insides are 119 s.f. and ovs 121 s.f. closet sized.

Archived