• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Can I Get Welcome Back OBC?

azkcruizers

Ours has never been given as an OBC, but rather deducted from the balance due. And it wasn't on a cruise booked to sail in the next 60 days either, but rather a year out. I guess if you were heading back out again that soon, an OBC would be the way to go!

So let me understand this correctly. We are cruising March 29th and then again the week of June 14th (but haven't booked this one yet). Should we wait until we get off our March cruise and then book the June one? And then what exactly is it that we get? Thnx....

You can get a Welcome Back credit if you book a cruise within 60 days of your last sailing. My husband and I booked 2 cabins in January for a cruise in October and we sailed last December on the Elation. We each got $50 off our cabin.

Elaine515 - This means if you wait until after your March cruise to book your June cruise you will get a credit. However, the price of the cruise may be higher at that time. Who knows.

mij - It is more than 60 days between 9/27/08 and 1/30/09 so you wouldn't be eligible.

No one is going to offer this, although some people have received emails and mailings, you have to ask for it when you book. You can also call after you book and ask for it, you might need to be in the 60 day range. You don't have to cruise within 60 days of your last cruise, just book in that time frame.

KatSt, Carnival wouldn't give us a credit for each cabin. We booked 1 on our last and 2 for our next and they would only split the credit between 2 cabins. They said that if we had 2 on our last, we could've received 2 for the upcoming.

So let me understand this correctly. We are cruising March 29th and then again the week of June 14th (but haven't booked this one yet). Should we wait until we get off our March cruise and then book the June one? And then what exactly is it that we get? Thnx....

The Valor should also have the book on board option where if you book a future cruise while on board, (depending on the length of cruise for how much) you can get OBC.

Then again the rates might go up more than any credit.

When did this start? I was on the 12/6 Freedom and then on 1/6 booked the Miracle for 9/5/2009. I think this would qualify. I wasn't offered this credit. I later changed the 9/5/2009 Miracle to Early Saver Rate --- does that matter?

When did this start? I was on the 12/6 Freedom and then on 1/6 booked the Miracle for 9/5/2009. I think this would qualify. I wasn't offered this credit. I later changed the 9/5/2009 Miracle to Early Saver Rate --- does that matter?

You have to ask, they aren't going to offer.

So I am booked in Nov on Splendor, if I take a three day within 60 days before sailing I will get $100 obc?

I doubt it, you have to book after you sail, but if you take a 3-day after your Splendor trip, you'd get $50

It was $50 for cruises under 7 days and $100 for cruises 7+ days. You can choose between an OBC or a reduction in the cost of your cruise.

If you are talking about the Welcome back offer for which you must book another cruise within 60 days of your last one, then the max credit is $50.00 per cabin. Carnival does not give $100.00 for a 7+ day cruise or longer. Where did you hear that?

If you are talking about the Welcome back offer for which you must book another cruise within 60 days of your last one, then the max credit is $50.00 per cabin. Carnival does not give $100.00 for a 7+ day cruise or longer. Where did you hear that?

Its what I was told by general reservations on the phone last week. I know that doesn't make it true, but its what I was told.

Archived