• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Dune Buggies through Carnival

luvtocruize101

Has anyone booked the "BEACH BUGGY & SNORKEL AT PUNTA SUR" through Carnival? Unfortunately, our ship comes into port at 1:00, so the one we wanted to do through Eagle Ray Divers (my brother had highly recommended through them), is unavailable due to the fact that they leave at 10:30. I even tried calling them directly, and they said there was unfortunately nothing they can do. My question is, does anyone know if the one through Carnival is the same thing? My boyfriend and I are in our 20's and have no children. Looking for something fun to do while in Cozumel (non-beach excursions)! If you don't know about the dune buggies, but you have any other suggestions, please feel free to share as well!! Thanks so much!

PS. I love reading these boards! We cruise in just one week (yes, I know, a little late on excursion booking!), and I have been on these boards like crazy looking at tips and etc!!

I did the beach/dune buggy and snorkel through Carnival with my sister and her friend on our first cruise. It was AWESOME! I had so much fun. I didn't snorkel, I just hung around at the beach. It was very peaceful. The food was really good. And riding in the dune buggies was a blast! I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone. The only thing...the dune buggies are a little rough once you get driving on the beach. I had a really bad foot/ankle injury, so it was a little sensitive.

I'll give you a little run down. You load up in the buggies and drive to the south point of the island. Once there you drive along the beach. You stop at a couple places. One is a lagoon to look at the crocodiles. (That was neat.) Then you look at a small ruin that was apparently used to send out smoke signals, especially when storms/hurricanes were coming to warn the people living on the island. You continue driving along (past a lighthose that you stop at on your way back) to a place with several buildings. This is where you can go snorkeling. If you choose not to, you can just get in the water, lay on the beach, whatever you want. Its very secluded and VERY peaceful. There is a large covered area with chairs and then a buffet style setup with food. It was GOOD! There is also a little shop. I wouldn't recommend shopping there b/c it is more expensive than the shops at the pier. Once you're done, you drive back. You get back in plenty of time to do some shopping at the pier.

I would definitely say that it was the highlight of all of our cruise. It was something I would even do again.

Hope that helps.

Destiny on 3/5 is when we are sailing. It sounds like you might be on the same ship. Not sure if anything has changed since last week, but we tried to book that excursion online and the website kept saying that there were not enough empty slots for the two we were trying to book. Of course you don't find this out until after you put in all your cc information and try to book. We finally called and found out they only had one ticket left for that excursion. :( Some friends who are cruising with us had already booked it, so when they found out that we would not be able to go, they canceled.-Adding 2 more to the available tickets, but that was last week. So unless they 'found' more tickets to sell, you might want to try to book right away. We all decided on the Mini Jeep Outlander trip, there were still quite a few seats available for that one.

Have fun whatever you decide!

Thanks to both of your for your input!

TandKinNE, yes, we'll be on the March 5th sailing with you! I appreciate the heads up, and looks like you're right. When I looked on the website yesterday, it was still available (well, at least it seemed it!), but now it's no longer even posted on the Carnival website for our specific cruise. Bummer!

We're sailing on the March 5th Destiny too. We opted for the ATV/snorkel excursion. We wanted to do something adventurous and snorkel too. I hope it's fun! Then we still have time to shop and eat some dinner and have a few drinks, since we don't have to catch the boat until 10p.

Angie

Archived