CB 11/29/09 cruise cancelled?

Near PDX

Same thing happened to me for this April had the cruise booked for 18 months then the TA called and said it was cancelled.

Shame on Princess for cancelling cruises (probably have booked the CB out to someone else)

Ditto here. We just booked 2 weeks later for the same cruise and got a 250.00 credit to boot. Don't sweat the small stuff. We also booked way in advance and had plenty of time to reschedule our vacations from work.

There's nothing you can do about it. Our cruise was bumped because our government decided they needed to go study something....yeah right.

But we were far enough out from our cruise to rebook with a nice little credit. So just look at the future cruises and go for what suits your schedule.

Sorry it happened, but it's not unusual.

Susan

Ditto here. We just booked 2 weeks later for the same cruise and got a 250.00 credit to boot. Don't sweat the small stuff. We also booked way in advance and had plenty of time to reschedule our vacations from work.

There's nothing you can do about it. Our cruise was bumped because our government decided they needed to go study something....yeah right.

But we were far enough out from our cruise to rebook with a nice little credit. So just look at the future cruises and go for what suits your schedule.

Sorry it happened, but it's not unusual.

Susan

Susan, I haven't rebooked yet. So far all Princess has offered is to reimburse me for my cost to reschedule the flights. Has Princess covered this cost for you and gave you an additional $250 obc? I need to know what I should expect from them.

Gary

Susan, I haven't rebooked yet. So far all Princess has offered is to reimburse me for my cost to reschedule the flights. Has Princess covered this cost for you and gave you an additional $250 obc? I need to know what I should expect from them.

Gary

Hi Gary,

We hadn't booked our flight when the cruise was canceled, so that wasn't an issue for us, but I would definitely call your TA, or if you booked directly with Princess, call them and ask what credit Princess is offering you for the cancellation.

After all, it is an inconvenience for you to have to re-schedule so they should offer you some kind of credit.

I do know that others on our same cruise were offered both an OBC and paying the difference for their canceled flight.

Susan

Gary

Gary, I was one of those people who got the $250 OBC plus Princess paid $300 to change my flight. That came in the way of a check in the mail. My TA forwarded the letter I wrote to Princess for me along with one of her own. That seemed to do the trick. Plus, my airfare had gone down when I rebooked, so I saved quite a bit of money because Princess chartered our cruise. There is a silver lining to every cloud.

Archived