• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Transfers Rome to Civitavecchia

bellanova

I'm looking for information on transfers from Rome (City Centre or FCO airport) to Civitavecchia. HAL's transfers are $199.00 return and I realise that it is a fair drive but are there other shuttle services that might be less dollars.

I thought I saw info in a post here some time ago about a link for this kind of info, but I can't remember where it is.

Any info from cruisers who have used alternative shuttles would be most appreciated.

I'm looking for information on transfers from Rome (City Centre or FCO airport) to Civitavecchia. HAL's transfers are $199.00 return and I realise that it is a fair drive but are there other shuttle services that might be less dollars.

I thought I saw info in a post here some time ago about a link for this kind of info, but I can't remember where it is.

Any info from cruisers who have used alternative shuttles would be most appreciated.

Yes, I am looking into using a shuttle to/from the Civ. port and FCO airport on July 8 and July 18th. I have posted links to these palces I have researched.

As there are 3 of us, this is much cheaper than the HAL cost!. However, we can lower the cost further if we can find more people to share-these cars can accomodate 8 people. If anyone is interested, please email me at: margosinger@yahoo.com

http://www.romashuttleairport.it/seaport.html]

http://www.taketaxi.com/

http://www.romecabs.com/transfers.html

There are many threads that address local/public train services, very doable and of course, much cheaper than this option.

Margo

If you go to the roll call section of this website, you can find others on your sailing to possibly share the transfer.

We had 6 of us at 3 different hotels near the Vatican. Romecabs picked us all up in a Mercedes van (with lots of room for the 6 of us and all our luggage). The cost was 30 EUR pp plus we each gave the driver a tip.

It was fun talking to the different folks on the board. Then we shared transfer, tours, had a meet & greet on-board, and met up on formal night for photos.

It definitely saves you some money to share the transfer and tours with a small group vs ship's transfer or tours.

If you go to the roll call section of this website, you can find others on your sailing to possibly share the transfer.

We had 6 of us at 3 different hotels near the Vatican. Romecabs picked us all up in a Mercedes van (with lots of room for the 6 of us and all our luggage). The cost was 30 EUR pp plus we each gave the driver a tip.

It was fun talking to the different folks on the board. Then we shared transfer, tours, had a meet & greet on-board, and met up on formal night for photos.

It definitely saves you some money to share the transfer and tours with a small group vs ship's transfer or tours.

yes, I did post on the Roll call section--so far there's only been a few families to sign up, and many are on the 20 day trip or staying over extra days.Margo

Bellanova--this is another airport/shuttle service link and I think the cheapest--they seem to offer a RT discount I havent seen elsewhere:

http://rome.airports-shuttle.com/fiumicino-civitavecchia-cruise-port-transfers.html

We took the train. From the airport to the central station in Rome is express, no stops. Change to the train to Civ. which makes a few stops before getting there, but it is the end of the run, so no mistakes getting off at the wrong stop. Plenty of room to put your luggage with all the other cruisers luggage. If you are a walking type, you can walk from the train station in Civ. to the bus that takes you inside the port to the ship, if not there are plenty of cabs to take you the last few blocks to the port entry. The train is super cheap compared to other modes of transportation. We were there in 2006 and I think we paid maybe 15-20 Euros each for both trips. You can easily self ticket at the machines and we found the locals to be very helpful if we had a problem. We took trains throughout Italy rather than booking ship tours, saved a bundle and got to explore on our own at our own pace. Everywhere were super friendly people who always seemed to speak just enough English to help us out. One young lady even led us to the train platform and pointed out the correct train. Enjoy Italy

http://www.ftroute.com/ItalianTrains.htm

train transfer is a good and cheap option: airport-Rome,Rome-port

email Stefano at romecabs@yahoo.com we used him last year and will again this year all his drivers speak english and are very enthusiastic about their country I couldn't recommend him more!

we will also be using Stefano when we travel to Rome this August, he is a wonderful, warm person and speaks great english, I set up 3 different transfers and a tour of the Vatican through him as well. VERY REASONABLE!;):D

Archived