• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

General temperature onboard AMA ships..??

Sail4theStars

I am interested in knowing what type of clothing (as in how warm it will need to be) in the public areas on board the ships. We are travelling on Amalegro during October from Budapest to Amsterdam.

Do you find that generally, you would require lighter clothing on board the ship?

Thanks . . . . .

~~s4s~~

I find going with layers is the best way. Whether you're outside or inside and the temperature is cold or too warm (Your can take off clothes to legal limits.), you can readily adapt. Usually the ship has pretty good temperature control.

Bill

I am interested in knowing what type of clothing (as in how warm it will need to be) in the public areas on board the ships. We are travelling on Amalegro during October from Budapest to Amsterdam.

Do you find that generally, you would require lighter clothing on board the ship?

Thanks . . . . .

~~s4s~~

We sailed on the Amalegro in December. It was cold outside but warm inside. :)

I did not notice any hot or cold extremes. I usually wear a mock-tee with a sweater and I never felt cold nor did I take the sweater off. It was very comfortable.

We did Vienna To Amsterdam on GCT 10/15/08 to 10/30/08.It was very cold during the day outside but the interior of the ship was very comfortable. Since you don't dress up the layered look is just fine and works very well. It is a great trip.

Thanks . . . . .

~~s4s~~

DW & I did that exact same cruise on the same ship in September, 2008.

Generally, the weather was cool with occasional "misty" rain (and wind)! Remember, you will be sailing toward the North Sea, so expect it to be windy!

I would suggest taking a few short sleeve tops, but mostly long sleeve, along with a warm jacket (and sweaters), (including a water-repellant nylon jacket and (wind-proof) umbrella for the rainy days!

In short, the weather is more like Fall than Summer.

The temperature onboard is quite comfortable! You will love your stateroom. It is well appointed!

You will enjoy your cruise with AMA Waterways onboard the Amalegro, including the shore excursions! Wish that we could come with you.

If you have any further questions related to either AMA Waterways or your upcoming cruise onboard this ship, please e-mail me at:

geriatric.nurse@hotmail.com

Archived