• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Summit on Oct 3rd to Oct 17th

Stutch

My wife and I are planning on spending an extra day in Venice and will be staying at the Albergo Cavalletto E Doge Orseolo hotel. This is just off of St. Marks Square.

We would like to take a water taxi to the hotel but it is very expensive 90 Euros. If by any chance you are doing the same thing as us and staying at the same hotel, want to share a cab? Maybe with enough people we can get door to door service inexpensively.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. My husband and I are doing this same cruise. I think you're the first person I met who is.

We will also be spending a night in Venice but haven't picked a hotel yet so unsure if we'll be able to share a water taxi. What made you pick the hotel you did?

My wife and I are planning on spending an extra day in Venice and will be staying at the Albergo Cavalletto E Doge Orseolo hotel. This is just off of St. Marks Square.

We would like to take a water taxi to the hotel but it is very expensive 90 Euros. If by any chance you are doing the same thing as us and staying at the same hotel, want to share a cab? Maybe with enough people we can get door to door service inexpensively.

Thanks

Go to the roll call board for your cruise and ask there.

• 3 weeks later...

We didn't stay wit hthat one. It was 350E/night and not really worth it in my opinion. We decided to stay at the Duodo Palace.

http://www.duodopalacehotel.com/ It is a stones throw from St. Marks and more reasonable. Looks great at the reviews are good.

We will probably take the Water Bus from the dock. 10% of the price of a water taxi AND they claim to have an airport shuttle service for the next day.

Archived