• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Trivia questions

Grits53

I've never participated in a Carnival trivia contest but would like to try it on my upcoming Conquest cruise. Can anyone share with me a few of the questions or tell me the type of questions they usually ask? I'd like to know if they would ask something I'd need to look up and learn before I go. :o

I love to do the Trivia on the ships. I've won Music trivia a few times, but regardless, I always have a good time. Don't worry about looking up the answers in advance. All the ships ask different questions. Just go and have a good time.

The themes change for each trivia - I went to one and it was just general questions. They don't put you on the spot for answers, so don't be afraid to enjoy it. You usually answer on a piece of paper, and you mark your own. They have everyone stand up to begin, and then as you answer incorrectly, you sit down. The questions seem to get a little harder as you go along, but it is all in fun. And who knows - you may actually win a ship on a stick.

8 Cruises and 8 Ships on a Stick for Trivia!

And... in all those cruises, no trivia game has been the same!

They range from Music, Movies, Celebrities, Wierd Trivia, Sports, General, etc.

Its always a fun time!

Catrin

On the Legend over New Years', we had a Carnival Trivia contest at the Past Guest Party. Luckily, my freakish knowledge about Carnival paid off, and I won. They gave me the Ship on a Stick, as well as a bottle of champagne, a dinner for 2 in the Supper Club, a coupon for a free photo, and a nice picture and note from the Cruise Director. This was the first time on CCL I've seen them do this contest at the past guest party. I'd seen it on RCI before, but never on Carnival. I hope we have it on my future cruises -- I'll take the champagne and dinner at the Supper Club every time! :)

Keep in mind...that the trivia games work on the honor system...you sit in a big crowd...typically the main theater...and write your answers down on a sheet of paper...then you grade your own paper at the end....and whoever does best...wins. I'm not actually saying though...that people cheat...but certainly the opportunity is there....but mostly what I mean is...its not like a real...trivia game show sort of thing...where you are buzzing in answers...etc. Nonetheless...we enjoy it...and play all the time!

Starting with our Valor cruise last year, we've participated in "Super Trivia" on our cruises. It's a multiple-day team trivia game - a little like Trivial Pursuit (categories of questions like history, geography, sports, etc.) and a fair amount of luck - if your team answers a question correctly, you roll a cube to earn points, 1-6. The rules change somewhat for each round. The team with the most points after the last round wins. We just played it on Glory last week - sea days at 1:30 - and had a great time.

WHat's a ship on a stick?

Sad to have not experienced a ship on a stick, the plastic piece of junk that is the prize at many trivia contests. Don't get me wrong; we accept a ship on a stick with pride if we win a trivia contest. But it's about the winning, not about the marvelous prize.

Sometimes my favorite part of trivia is translating what the heck the question actually says. The one that tickled me the most was on our first cruise, when the trivia staff member was from Ukraine and had a strong accent. The question: "What does a geneticist call a mixture of two spices?"

My forehead furrowed. Geneticist? Spices?

"A mixture of two SPECIES?" I asked.

"Yes! Two spices!" she replied.

For the record the answer is hybrid.

On our most recent cruise, the question was: "What does an emancipated person fear if they suffer from sitiphobia?"

Never heard of sitiphobia, but emancipation is about freedom. A fear of freedom? Didn't make much sense.

The answer made less sense: a fear of food.

It was like several hours later when I sat up and said, "Emaciated!!" Might look similar to emancipated, but a very different word.

Okay, so I just gave you two potential questions and their answers....

Sad to have not experienced a ship on a stick, the plastic piece of junk that is the prize at many trivia contests. Don't get me wrong; we accept a ship on a stick with pride if we win a trivia contest. But it's about the winning, not about the marvelous prize.

Sometimes my favorite part of trivia is translating what the heck the question actually says. The one that tickled me the most was on our first cruise, when the trivia staff member was from Ukraine and had a strong accent. The question: "What does a geneticist call a mixture of two spices?"

My forehead furrowed. Geneticist? Spices?

"A mixture of two SPECIES?" I asked.

"Yes! Two spices!" she replied.

For the record the answer is hybrid.

On our most recent cruise, the question was: "What does an emancipated person fear if they suffer from sitiphobia?"

Never heard of sitiphobia, but emancipation is about freedom. A fear of freedom? Didn't make much sense.

The answer made less sense: a fear of food.

It was like several hours later when I sat up and said, "Emaciated!!" Might look similar to emancipated, but a very different word.

Okay, so I just gave you two potential questions and their answers....

LOL! Thanks! Sounds very entertaining, at the least!

Archived