• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Strange...price went down after one day sale.

LisaT12

I am glad I checked today....I booked a cabin this week with the Thursday one day sale price....to sail this July. Today, I went on to check out our cruise and I noticed that the 3rd and 4th passanger (our DDs) went down $70each!! I have a call into my PVP...can anyone let me know how I receive credit? Thanks! :confused:

I am glad I checked today....I booked a cabin this week with the Thursday one day sale price....to sail this July. Today, I went on to check out our cruise and I noticed that the 3rd and 4th passanger (our DDs) went down $70each!! I have a call into my PVP...can anyone let me know how I receive credit? Thanks! :confused:

I think your PVP would have a more accurate answer than us as to how they will credit you.

My guess would be that since you just booked they can reduce what is charged to your CC.

:cool:

Depends how you booked. Folks are saying Early Saver price reductions require you to fill out a form and submit it to Carnival.

Otherwise, have your PVP do it.

The price for my cruise (April 2009) has gone up and then down again since I booked back in January. (I used a cabin two doors down from mine to be sure I was comparing apples and apples.) When the price initially went down (by about $80 total), I e-mailed my PVP to ask if Carnival would honor the lower price. He responded via e-mail two days later and said the price was actually higher than what I'd paid. I checked the Carnival site that day, and sure enough, the price was higher. The price stayed there for a couple of days, but it has since gradually gone down again. I've been monitoring the prices daily and copied the information to a document. Today, it's $40 less than what I paid. I plan to watch it for a little longer to see if the prices continue to drop.

Does anyone know? Will Carnival honor the lower price? My last cruise was in 2008, and it seems I remember hearing/seeing somewhere that they would.

The price for my cruise (April 2009) has gone up and then down again since I booked back in January. (I used a cabin two doors down from mine to be sure I was comparing apples and apples.) When the price initially went down (by about $80 total), I e-mailed my PVP to ask if Carnival would honor the lower price. He responded via e-mail two days later and said the price was actually higher than what I'd paid. I checked the Carnival site that day, and sure enough, the price was higher. The price stayed there for a couple of days, but it has since gradually gone down again. I've been monitoring the prices daily and copied the information to a document. Today, it's $40 less than what I paid. I plan to watch it for a little longer to see if the prices continue to drop.

Does anyone know? Will Carnival honor the lower price? My last cruise was in 2008, and it seems I remember hearing/seeing somewhere that they would.

Sorry for the bad news, but since you are in the penalty phase, they will no longer offer On Board Credit or Price Reductions. Of course, this is different for those who recently booked with the Early Saver Program.

Our cruise has gone down $420.00 for our two cabins ..... and Carnival basically said "Tough Cookies".

They took my $1500.00 deposit for the six of us... but looking back there was really NO incentive for booking early.

Catrin

If you booked through carnival, yes. if you booked through a ta, or on line agency, no, they do not honor. it.

Hmmm.... two totally different responses. I did book directly with Carnival. When I initially e-mailed my PVP asking about the possibility of a price reduction, he didn't really answer my question since by the time he responded, the price had actually gone up. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. Bummer on the $420 price reduction. Right now I'm looking at only a $40 difference, but that would pay for a few drinks, right?

Not surprising it went down - one day sale prices are always inflated over the day before and after. :rolleyes:

I don't see how your answer of the price being inflated due to the one day sale, (because their price went down today) has anything to do with the one day sale itself.

The one day sale was extended until Saturday night Feb. 28th. :rolleyes:

Hmmm.... two totally different responses. I did book directly with Carnival. When I initially e-mailed my PVP asking about the possibility of a price reduction, he didn't really answer my question since by the time he responded, the price had actually gone up. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask. Bummer on the $420 price reduction. Right now I'm looking at only a $40 difference, but that would pay for a few drinks, right?

New rules, as of Dec 1st , I think....no reductions after final payment anymore unless you book under the early saver program, I am bumming also

When you hear stories like yours with the PVP taking 2 days to get back to you and it's a TA involved instead of a PVP all you hear is people saying to book with a PVP and you won't have to worry about dealing with a middle man.

Next time I would just call the CCL 800 # and get them to deal with you.

Bill

Archived