• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

discover card offering 5% back on cruise fare

smeyer418

Can you give more details? I just paid for my cruise with my Discover card, but I didn't mention anything when I paid.

I just received a card in the mail here it is that describes it.....

although it says its not transferable there is no code and all it contains is my name and address.

discover.jpg.625947b1c87a6c6543e529b63a18e238.jpg

You don't have to go through their travel agency. You simply go to their website and sign up. Every 3 months the 5% discount is applied to different purchases. Jan-March is 5% cash back on cruises, airlines, hotels, and rental cars up to $800 in purchases. So, the most you could get in cash back is $40. We booked a cruise in Jan and already got our $40. April -June is a different promotion. I think it's warehouse purchases like Sam's, Costo....

You don't have to go through their travel agency. You simply go to their website and sign up. Every 3 months the 5% discount is applied to different purchases. Jan-March is 5% cash back on cruises, airlines, hotels, and rental cars up to $800 in purchases. So, the most you could get in cash back is $40. We booked a cruise in Jan and already got our $40. April -June is a different promotion. I think it's warehouse purchases like Sam's, Costo....

They also have a ongoing promotion that does not change every three months where you have to go thru their agent.Go to their site for details.If you go thru their site you can get extra discounts on others items too.lots of credit cards have similar deals

I think these are 2 different things. The OP is referring to a promo you get by booking thru the Discover travel agency. I had a friend do this and he got 5% back a month or two after his cruise. The 5% was on the commissionable part of the fare. The quarterly 5% specials are a different deal, like you said, this quarter limited to $40.

Archived