• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Laundry Facilities

LaShelle2

I read somewhere Norwegian has free self serve laundry facilities. Is this true? I am sailing on the Pear in April. Carnival charges a fortune for laundry. I know most people don't want to wash clothes on vacation, but bringing a suitcase of dirty clothes back home is one of my peeves. Plus with the weight restrictions w/ the airlines, I will be packing light.

They closed their laundry's - they said they weren't being utilized- doubt it. We have no problem with that on a week long cruise, but we were on a 13 day european cruise last summer. Omg - what a nightmare. They didn't offer the laundry special until well into the 2nd week. The bags are extremely flimsy paper, so don't expect to be able to over stuff them. I had a laundry going in my BR (thank god for the bathing suit drying string in the bathtub) 24/7. We also went to a Scottish "Walmart" and purchased some necessities.

:mad:BOO to NCL for taking out the laundries. It sucks especially b/c we all have to be so careful of weight restrictions with our bags these days. that is why we are flying southwest. We can have 2 bags a piece gratis. Of course going to the caribbean is easier, the clothes are less. We have chosen to forgo any type of formal as to cut down on what we have to carry.

Archived