• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Table size

CruisinNewb

Our friends and my family are traveling on Solstice this July and would all like to sit together at dinner. There are 14 of us. Do you know if Celebrity would accomodate a table this size? Thanks.

Ron

Hi,:) the largest tables I have ever seen are a 12 top and that

is awfully large.

Best bet would be to have 2 tables next to one another~

an 8 top and 6 top. Your friends and family would be right

there.

Maybe on Solstice its set up differently for large parties

but I have never seen anything larger than 12.

Our friends and my family are traveling on Solstice this July and would all like to sit together at dinner. There are 14 of us. Do you know if Celebrity would accomodate a table this size? Thanks.

Ron

We were part of a group of 15 last month on the Century. They set us up with a 6 top and a 9 top, side by side, with the same waiter and his assistant. I'm sure we could have all rotated between the two tables each night if we had wished.

I agree with Lois, there are no tables large enough to accommodate that large a group. Besides that, I've found that their tables of 10 can get quite crowded and uncomfortable if they add even one more person to the table. I think having two tables, making sure you have the same waiter, would be the best idea. That way you could do a round robin and sit at different places each evening.

Ron,

As Darcie said, the Round Robin is the way to go with your group. Your TA can set this up by having everyone in your group pre-pay their gratuities. We have done this on 2 sailings - having 18 people on one, and 25 on the other. By pre-paying, you can rotate between tables within your group each night and also have the same waiter. With the group of 25, we had 3 tables - 2 different waiters - but it still worked out great as all the tables were next to each other.

Ron,

As Darcie said, the Round Robin is the way to go with your group. Your TA can set this up by having everyone in your group pre-pay their gratuities. We have done this on 2 sailings - having 18 people on one, and 25 on the other. By pre-paying, you can rotate between tables within your group each night and also have the same waiter. With the group of 25, we had 3 tables - 2 different waiters - but it still worked out great as all the tables were next to each other.

To do this, you might not have to prepay the gratuities anymore to do this since Celebrity has opted to go with autotipping now (effective on cruises beginning on or after Jan. 15, 2009) - from their website:

For your convenience, we will automatically add gratuities for your restaurant and stateroom services to your onboard Seapass account on a daily basis in the following amounts, which may be adjusted at your discretion: $11.50 per person per day for guests in staterooms ($12.00 per person per day for guests in Concierge Class and AquaClass staterooms and $15.00 per person per day for guests in Suites).

Archived