• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

port to lax

bones774

best way to get from Port of LA to LAX? can I just grab a service or do I need something in place on arrival?

Thanks

It's usually best to plan ahead and arrange for super shuttle to take you back to the airport after you disembark. Enjoy!

best way to get from Port of LA to LAX? can I just grab a service or do I need something in place on arrival?

Thanks

Super Shuttle. You can pre-arrange or simply make the arrangements when you leave the ship. They'll put you on the next van going to LAX.

Making the arrangements ahead of time means you won't have to pay the driver, just give them a tip. I had pre-arranged with Super Shuttle but we were off the ship an hour earlier than my reservation. Didn't matter, they put us on the next van and we were on our way within a matter of minutes.

Thanks

We are arriving at LAX on Wednesday and was wondering the same thing, but in the other direction. We have tentative plans for a friend to pick us up and take us to the pier but only if she can get out of school early that day.

Would it be easy enough to grab another form of transportation to the pier if this doesn't work out at the last minute?

I read on a post back from last year that there is a flat rate for cabs from the airport to the pier ($40) -- but that was last year, was wondering if this was still in effect.

Can you just pick up a Super Shuttle at the airport if arrangements have not been made ahead of time? I hate to book and pay for it and we already have another way to get there and get to visit with my friend to boot. I just don't want her to miss any school but some days are just not as important as others if you know what I mean. ;)

I think the cab might be the way to go if it is a flat rate (and it might be a moot point). I know this was definitely the way to go in New York a couple of years ago!

We are arriving at LAX on Wednesday and was wondering the same thing, but in the other direction. We have tentative plans for a friend to pick us up and take us to the pier but only if she can get out of school early that day.

Would it be easy enough to grab another form of transportation to the pier if this doesn't work out at the last minute?

I read on a post back from last year that there is a flat rate for cabs from the airport to the pier ($40) -- but that was last year, was wondering if this was still in effect.

Can you just pick up a Super Shuttle at the airport if arrangements have not been made ahead of time? I hate to book and pay for it and we already have another way to get there and get to visit with my friend to boot. I just don't want her to miss any school but some days are just not as important as others if you know what I mean. ;)

I think the cab might be the way to go if it is a flat rate (and it might be a moot point). I know this was definitely the way to go in New York a couple of years ago!

Super Shuttle is available right outside baggage claim so you don't necessarily need a res. $17 PP to the pier and there is a $3 off code you can use.

Cabs are around $55 plus tip.

Super Shuttle is available right outside baggage claim so you don't necessarily need a res. $17 PP to the pier and there is a $3 off code you can use.

Thanks so much...this is great. I see that the prices on Super Shuttle went up from $17 a month of so ago to $23 pp (we are going to San Pedro). This is great to know we won't have to scramble too much if our ride doesn't work out. thanks.

Thanks so much...this is great. I see that the prices on Super Shuttle went up from $17 a month of so ago to $23 pp (we are going to San Pedro). This is great to know we won't have to scramble too much if our ride doesn't work out. thanks.

Must be the gas prices!!

Still a good deal versus the cab ride. :)

• 5 weeks later...

Off peak, the taxi worked out better. much cheaper, and quicker for our family of four. Taking the Super Shuttle, you are paying per person and quite possibly a full city tour if you are the last stop. The taxi is priced per load, and you are the only ones in the car. Much more pleasant.

For a family of four, it's cheaper to take the cab. $23 pp times four can add up.

Yup, we are a family of 5. so looks like cab for us.

You may want to check it out. Many cabs will not take 5 people plus luggage. They don't have the room. If you go to the West Coast departure thread you will find the discount code for SuperShuttle. We used them and it was fast and easy. It is still $17/pp or $15/pp with the discount.

Is there a reason why no one is suggesting a transfer from the ship? We are going to be on the Sapphire next week and are wondering if we should get a transfer to LAX from the port.

Because the ship transfer is usually the MOST expensive way to go.

The Sky Limo I spoke about before is private transportation and if you want a group transfer then Super Shuttle or Prime Time are $17/pp. How much is a Princess transfer?

We used a cab to Lax last March. They had one of the better systems. They took your name down and asked you how many people. They took care of getting the cab. It was only about a 3 minute wait until a cab arrived for us. When we were in Fort Lauderdale last week it's every man for themselves when you are trying to get a cab.

How about coming in to Long Beach Airport and going to Double Tree in San Pedro, 2 people, best transport? Then heading back from ship to Long Beach Airport? For that end usually I look to book ship transfer, available?

Thanks

George in NY

Archived