• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Balconies on the Spirit

karmacruiser

We are thinking of booking our first Carnival Cruise, 8 day Mex. Riv. itinerary, and were looking for advice and suggestions on balcony staterooms. Are there any that are terrible and we should watch out for? The cheap prices are for a balcony with obstructed view, has anyone sailed in these cabins? Thanks in advance for any advice!:)

We are thinking of booking our first Carnival Cruise, 8 day Mex. Riv. itinerary, and were looking for advice and suggestions on balcony staterooms. Are there any that are terrible and we should watch out for? The cheap prices are for a balcony with obstructed view, has anyone sailed in these cabins? Thanks in advance for any advice!:)

I myself prefer aft balconies..You have a great view...You might try looking for an aft balcony on the main deck..:)

Kelly

We just did this cruise a month ago, it was also our 1st Carnival cruise, we absolutly loved it! We booked a guar. Balcony, got cabin 5141, which is Not obstructed, it was great. With four sea days you will have a lot of time to enjoy your balcony.:)

Just cruised the Spirit and visited a category 7A obstructed view. I think these are a great deal because the only obstruction is directly below. You get a great view horizontally. Do remember that the first three rescue boats are higher than the others. It would be preferable to reserve a room aft of these first three.

My room was 7192, cat. 8H. Loved it.

I was in 7192 on Miracle, my only balcony so far, and while I loved the cabin, I can't really justify the price. That particular itinerary had only 2 sea days.

I've booked an aft for December when we have 4 sea days!

You might want to check the "Cabin Selection" board. I know there are several threads about Spirit-class ship cabins.

And I know there have been recent threads here about the 7A cabins. Try an "advanced search" and use 7A as your search criteria, select thread titles, and select just the Carnival and Cabin Selection boards. That should pull up all the threads on that particular category.

Just cruised the Spirit and visited a category 7A obstructed view. I think these are a great deal because the only obstruction is directly below. You get a great view horizontally. Do remember that the first three rescue boats are higher than the others. It would be preferable to reserve a room aft of these first three.

My room was 7192, cat. 8H. Loved it.

we are the last 2 balcony cabins on the 3rd lifeboat will our obstruction still be just underneath or will be obstructed facing out towards the ocean as well.

What's a hump cabin? :confused:

That terminology isn't really common on Carnival, they use it on some other cruiselines, but it's the area on any deck where the cabins are bumped out, i.e, the regular balcony cabins that stick out vs. the extended balcony cabins that are indented.

Archived