• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

What shore excursion includes BBQ at Half Moon Cay?

jordanaire

My wife and I, along with our youngest son and grandson, are booked aboard the FASCINATION on October 3rd. I have read several times on the boards about how great Half Moon Cay is. Even after 14 cruises, we've never been here yet and the beach excursion sounds like it would be perfect for all of us.

Does anyone know what the cost is, what's included and how long does it last? Do you book it pre-cruise or onboard the ship?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

:cool:Bill

the BBQ is free on the island. Book a cruise that goes to HMC and hope you get there. Once you get on the beach, which is free, there is a pavilion where they set up lunch, which is also free.

The lunch served at HMC is a BBQ lunch with burgers, dogs, fruit, and salad. Anyone who books an excursion for HMC gets off the ship first, so I urge you to book your excursion so you are not one of the unfortunate who are in line to get off the ship and lose time waiting. I was done with the beach and off to my excursion (at 11am) and the tenders were still bringing people ashore--we anchored at 8am and started debarking at 8:30am.....

You can even book a cabana for the day, but it has to be done on board the ship. The cabanas are I believe $220 and include soft drinks/water, chips/salsa, and fresh fruit. They also have two loungers, a table/four chairs, snorkle gear, floats, noodles, etc.....It can accommodate four comfortably...

HMC is paradise, I love it there!!!

I second renting a cabana! It was great. I'm not a beach person at all and I was dreading the HMC port. I thought I was going to be bored out of my mind, but my family got a cabana and we just kicked back and relaxed. It ended up being my favorite port of the cruise.

The BBQ is an easy walk from the beach and it is free. The only thing to pay for at HMC is soda/alcoholic drinks. There were a few little souvenir shops, but nothing you can't get in Nassau.

I second renting a cabana! It was great. I'm not a beach person at all and I was dreading the HMC port. I thought I was going to be bored out of my mind, but my family got a cabana and we just kicked back and relaxed. It ended up being my favorite port of the cruise.

The BBQ is an easy walk from the beach and it is free. The only thing to pay for at HMC is soda/alcoholic drinks. There were a few little souvenir shops, but nothing you can't get in Nassau.

Your choice of sodas and bottled water are included with the cabana rental. We also had jerk chicken available at the free BBQ when we called at HMC on Carnival Destiny. The cabana also has a small air conditioner, misters, snorkel gear, 2 comfy lounge chairs, wicker table and 4 chairs, outdoor shower, and a small refrigerator in the cabana.

Cabana is $225 for up to 4 people. Worth every penny (despite us having cabana #1, grrrr...never again!).

I must be the only one who felt misled by the BBQ term. I was expecting actual BBQ, with BBQ sauce, not just the same old stuff they grill up on the ship every day.

Archived