• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

What's up with the Carnival site??????????

lilnan

Does anyone know what's going on over there? Every time I try to get on and shop around for a cruise that I want book, it gives me an error message. It isn't always the same message, and it is on all different cruises. Help!

Carnival's website is notoriously "buggy". The best advice would be to keep trying maybe at a different time of the day. If it continues, try using an alternate source, such as "Orbits" or "Travel City" to search for ships and itineraries and then call a TA or PVP to get accurate pricing as many of these sites do not display the lowest cost rate codes, including Early Saver and One Day Sale rates.

Even the travel agent booking engine (bookccl.com) has bugs in it, including both random error messages saying to try again later and a strange error where every page of the booking process will show a different departure port and destination for the same ship and date. The correct information is always displayed on the final booking page, but it would probably be enough to scare a lot of clients if they were looking at your screen while you were walking them through the booking process. Nothing like thinking you are booking the Valor on a Western Caribbean cruise out of Miami and then seeing that the agent is booking you on a Bahamas cruise out of Vancouver :eek: on the next page of the booking process.

I kept finding this to be true for me; then someone on here suggested I log out from Carnival to look for cruises; So I log out when I want to look at pricing now; for whatever reason, it works for me...don't know if that is anyone else's issue.

I had a bunch of trouble with the site, but found that much of it related to the browser I was using. The site does not like FireFox, I tried IE and it worked just fine. This may not be the cause but best to rule out this first.

I registered for my cruise a few weeks ago and got all the way to the end and then I got an error message. the message said there was a technical problem and to try back later. It looks as though everything is complete, and I could print the Fun Pass, but when I try to continue at the end of the process, it keeps telling Error! I've tried at least 5 times to "continue" and get the same message. it says to call or email the support desk. I emailed support and the response was to call support. I just want to make sure there are no last minute glitches. Since everything says complete, should I be concerned?

One thing I noticed/had problems with was when looking at the Total Price for several cruises, the total was wrong. The website was adding like an extra $100 to the total for no reason. I called and got the definite price for my upcoming cruise and booked with a PVP. So keep your calculator ready when looking at prices. Some of them were correct and others were way off. The taxes and fees were correct, but the total was wrong when adding up the idividual fares.

Does anyone know what's going on over there? Every time I try to get on and shop around for a cruise that I want book, it gives me an error message. It isn't always the same message, and it is on all different cruises. Help!

It's been a mess!!! I was unable to get past cruise search...kept telling me to login....and didn't recognize my password which I've had for years....

I finally requested to change my password.....then it worked fine.

Never try to get a price if you are logged in. the system seems to be setup that if you are a past guest you have to call. so logout get a price and then call and make the best deal you can.

This Morning I tried to register my Upcoming Cruise and i keep getting that same error message.....O'well i will try again later

are you on a Mac? I can never register - I have to call my sister on her PC to log in and put our booking number in, and then when I log back in I'm good.

Archived