• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Carnival Special Needs Customer Service

dbogusch

I just got off of the phone with the Carnival Special Needs Department and I have to give them a big thumbs up for customer service. I have a disease where I cannot stand for long periods of time. I am also on 24-hour IV meds which are required to have frozen ice packs attached to the pump. I was scared that this might be difficult. I shouldn't have been worried. They could not have been nicer. She got me on a wheelchair list so that when I get to the pier they will make sure that I have a wheelchair and do not have to stand in line, they took care of my doctor's note ahead of time so that I don't get delayed in security with my cooler full of ice and IV meds, and lastly they arranged with room service to have my ice packs frozen for me and delivered to me every five hours as needed. The girl that I spoke to was wonderful! If you have any special needs I highly recommend calling them WAY ahead of time so that everything is taken care of. Hopefully my embarkation will be smooth now.

I just got off of the phone with the Carnival Special Needs Department and I have to give them a big thumbs up for customer service. I have a disease where I cannot stand for long periods of time. I am also on 24-hour IV meds which are required to have frozen ice packs attached to the pump. I was scared that this might be difficult. I shouldn't have been worried. They could not have been nicer. She got me on a wheelchair list so that when I get to the pier they will make sure that I have a wheelchair and do not have to stand in line, they took care of my doctor's note ahead of time so that I don't get delayed in security with my cooler full of ice and IV meds, and lastly they arranged with room service to have my ice packs frozen for me and delivered to me every five hours as needed. The girl that I spoke to was wonderful! If you have any special needs I highly recommend calling them WAY ahead of time so that everything is taken care of. Hopefully my embarkation will be smooth now.

:) Good for you Diane !! It's nice to see Carnival doing the right things for people with needs. I hope you have a great trip and maybe take some pics for us if you would like..:) Kurt..

:) Good for you Diane !! It's nice to see Carnival doing the right things for people with needs. I hope you have a great trip and maybe take some pics for us if you would like..:) Kurt..

Hi Kurt, I certainly will. It's weird because I am so young I have an aversion to using a wheelchair. People look at me strange because you'd never know I have a problem but the people here on the boards talked me into the wheelchair so that I don't have to be in misery waiting in line for long periods of time standing.

Hi Kurt, I certainly will. It's weird because I am so young I have an aversion to using a wheelchair. People look at me strange because you'd never know I have a problem but the people here on the boards talked me into the wheelchair so that I don't have to be in misery waiting in line for long periods of time standing.

Don't worry about what those other people in line think about you sitting in that chair.. At the end of the day how many of their opinions really matter anyway. You just be comfortable as YOU are on vacation just as much as they are ok..:)

Don't worry about what those other people in line think about you sitting in that chair.. At the end of the day how many of their opinions really matter anyway. You just be comfortable as YOU are on vacation just as much as they are ok..:)

I will...sometimes it is my own hangup. I hate feeling dependent upon anyone. Once onboard I'm fine because I can walk and sit at my leisure but in the lines I don't do well. I have good days and days where it's not easy but I never know so I wanted to be prepared for this way in advance. Sometimes traveling with my IV meds is easy and sometimes it's a pain. I can't tell you the amount of times that I have gone through security to have them tell me to "take off my purse". I try to explain it's not a purse, it's a medical pump and can't be removed. They then proceed to tell me to go through x-ray with it on. I then explain it can't go through the x-ray and they have to hand-search me. They look at me like I am an alien. You'd think they'd see that a lot but evidently not enough to be educated about it.

It's you and people like you that make me LOVE these boards. I meet the nicest people. I hope you have a great day and a great week.

I will...sometimes it is my own hangup. I hate feeling dependent upon anyone. Once onboard I'm fine because I can walk and sit at my leisure but in the lines I don't do well. I have good days and days where it's not easy but I never know so I wanted to be prepared for this way in advance. Sometimes traveling with my IV meds is easy and sometimes it's a pain. I can't tell you the amount of times that I have gone through security to have them tell me to "take off my purse". I try to explain it's not a purse, it's a medical pump and can't be removed. They then proceed to tell me to go through x-ray with it on. I then explain it can't go through the x-ray and they have to hand-search me. They look at me like I am an alien. You'd think they'd see that a lot but evidently not enough to be educated about it.

It's you and people like you that make me LOVE these boards. I meet the nicest people. I hope you have a great day and a great week.

:D Thanks Diane.. Your also very nice.. I hope you also have a nice week and I will see you on "THE BOARDS" ;) :D P.S. Stay out of Jail kid !! (That's what I tell all the young ones :))

:D Thanks Diane.. Your also very nice.. I hope you also have a nice week and I will see you on "THE BOARDS" ;) :D P.S. Stay out of Jail kid !! (That's what I tell all the young ones :))

LOL, according to your profile I'm only 2 years younger than you... :) However, staying out of jail is ALWAYS a good idea.

LOL, according to your profile I'm only 2 years younger than you... :) However, staying out of jail is ALWAYS a good idea.

It's like having a car... It's not the Year, But The Mileage Kid and this "OLD TIMER" has a few road miles on him ;) :D.. Take Care..:)

It's like having a car... It's not the Year, But The Mileage Kid and this "OLD TIMER" has a few road miles on him ;) :D.. Take Care..:)

Oh whatever! LOL Age is what you make of it, right? I have some mileage myself but I just refer to myself as a classic. lol

Oh whatever! LOL Age is what you make of it, right? I have some mileage myself but I just refer to myself as a classic. lol

By the way I like your pride countdown clock that says "Let's cruise baby" ! :D That does look like an awesome ship.. Someday maybe..

Oh, I so understand, Diane! I have fibromyalgia, am also about your age (I'm a year older looking at your profile) and if I'm having a flare up I also can sometimes have a hard time standing or walking a long time. I haven't had to use a wheelchair yet, but there are times I am limping as I walk and in severe pain. :( Part of my condition is that it comes and goes and I never know what each day will bring. Other times I am very active and look normal enough being for my age but it's so frustrating! I don't have the IV meds to contend with but am so glad Carnival is taking care of you.

BTW - if you come along with us Lifers next year you anyone in that group will also be more than happy to assist you anywhere you need it - those are truly some of the best people I've ever met. :)

Oh, I so understand, Diane! I have fibromyalgia, am also about your age (I'm a year older looking at your profile) and if I'm having a flare up I also can sometimes have a hard time standing or walking a long time. I haven't had to use a wheelchair yet, but there are times I am limping as I walk and in severe pain. :( Part of my condition is that it comes and goes and I never know what each day will bring. Other times I am very active and look normal enough being for my age but it's so frustrating! I don't have the IV meds to contend with but am so glad Carnival is taking care of you.

BTW - if you come along with us Lifers next year you anyone in that group will also be more than happy to assist you anywhere you need it - those are truly some of the best people I've ever met. :)

I feel for your condition also. About a year ago I was told that I to have Fibromyalgia. It really only effects my shoulders and neck at the moment but it can be VERY painful. I am a custody Dad of a great 9 year old boy though so he keeps me busy enough not to OVERTHINK about it.. Enjoy your "Lifers" cruise as I am sure all will have fun..:)

I am so glad that "step one" has gone well.

I would recommend that you confirm the instructions to care for your meds with the Hotel Director, the Purser's Desk AND your Cabin Steward once you get on board the ship.

I would also tape a HUGE sign to your cabin mirror that states how often the ice must be replaced just as daily reminder to your cabin steward.

Have a great cruise!!!

I was on the Valor 2/22/09-03/01 09. I RA and take an injection of enbrel weekly.Packed in frozen gel packs It must stay at a certain temp at all times .I had to check the temp every two hours. We were there early,before they would let us on the ship. I was provided a wheelchair and refrigeration for my medication. In the waiting area by just asking one of those nice people in the navy blue jackets. And once on the ship, a little afraid that the cabin refrigeration would not keep my medication at the correct temperture.So I took it to purser desk, with one of the luggage tags taped on it . And they stored it for me until I needed it.:D:D

Wow, I'm glad I read this post. I, too, am one of the ones who doesn't look my age, or look sick, and I do get looks from alot of people.

I was stressing about trying to stand up through embarkation on Splendor. That's a big ship and alot of passengers to board.

Now, I'm calling CCL to see if I can board early. Some days I can do it, other days I can't.

Thanks again for the info.

Pat

I hope they follow through...

I have been promised the moon by Carnival Special Needs dept and got nothing delivered during the cruise.

By the way I like your pride countdown clock that says "Let's cruise baby" ! :D That does look like an awesome ship.. Someday maybe..

I'm so excited for it. The people on the roll call are awesome. :)

Hope you had a good day!

I hope they follow through...

I have been promised the moon by Carnival Special Needs dept and got nothing delivered during the cruise.

Awwww, don't bust my bubble. I was so happy today!

I feel for your condition also. About a year ago I was told that I to have Fibromyalgia. It really only effects my shoulders and neck at the moment but it can be VERY painful. I am a custody Dad of a great 9 year old boy though so he keeps me busy enough not to OVERTHINK about it.. Enjoy your "Lifers" cruise as I am sure all will have fun..:)

Hey Kurt. My sister has fibro so I know how it can be. Bless your heart. I am a divorced Mom and share custody of my two kids and I've found that they help me to not "overthink" my disease too much too.

I'm certainly booking with you guys/gals for next year. I can't wait. :)

It was a great day as I slept it away :D ! (I work straight Midnights) So what kind of Sales are you in Diane in this Bad economy ?

LOL, I actually slept most of the afternoon too.

Because of my disease it is hard for me to work a regular 9-5 job. However, I have an MBA so I knew I could figure out something (put that expensive education to work). So what I ended up doing is buying items (usually dvds,blu-rays, and video games) in bulk and selling them individually for a profit. I love it because it enables me to work when I feel like it - whether it is midnight or whatever. There is nothing like being able to work in your pjs. :)

I'm heading off to cook dinner right now. My son is complaining that he's STARVING! I'll talk to you soon. :)

LOL, I actually slept most of the afternoon too.

Because of my disease it is hard for me to work a regular 9-5 job. However, I have an MBA so I knew I could figure out something (put that expensive education to work). So what I ended up doing is buying items (usually dvds,blu-rays, and video games) in bulk and selling them individually for a profit. I love it because it enables me to work when I feel like it - whether it is midnight or whatever. There is nothing like being able to work in your pjs. :)

:D VERY NICE !! The only thing better then working in your pjs is working OUT OF THEM :eek: :D LOL !! Go cook that starving child some food. Talk to ya later..

Archived