• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Do we have to turn in S&S cards now?

lsycko1

I read on another thread that someone had to turn in their S&S card when they left the ship:confused: Is this fleet wide now, because I keep my as momentos!!:p

It appears as though folks were required to turn in their Sail and Sign cards on the Valor yesterday but the reasons are unknown.

I've not heard anything else about this on other ships.

You're in the majority... I've got all of my Sail & Sign cards, too!!!

:)

I read on another thread that someone had to turn in their S&S card when they left the ship:confused: Is this fleet wide now, because I keep my as momentos!!:p

The only experience I have had with the sail and sign card was on our last cruise. Conquest (Hurricane Ike) cruise. We were diverted to New Orleans instead of Galveston. I found it interesting that those who debarked in New Orleans on the first day had to turn in their S&S cards but on the second day, we got to keep ours. I guess the reason was that they didn't want people who were leaving to re-enter the ship once the rooms were cleaned. I don't know. I just know that when we got off the ship on Tuesday, we left New Orleans and the ship left the same day at noon. So, no chance of us getting back on the ship.

I hope we don't have to turn them in. I keep mine for souvenir. Also, I like getting the paper documents in the mail for souvenir as well. I print out the e-docs and keep the mailed paper documents for scrapbooking.

Couple of years ago they did that on a ship I sailed. Fortunately, I accidentally left my card in my pants pocket and put it in my luggage for the crew to pick up the last evening. So I just went down to the pursers desk to get a new card.

Do they charge you for a new card if you lose your original????

Nope...you just have to wait in the line at the Purser's desk to get a new one. Sometimes that can be painful :rolleyes:.

OP...we did not turn ours in on the Spirit last week. I too have all of mine ;)!

No, they just close that folio account, in case someone would try to use the old card. So if you charge anything with the new card it would have a different folio number. Since it was the last night for me, I didnt make any additional charges. So it was just one bill.

I just read John Heald's blog and it looks like they are issuing newly designed cards. I have never turned mine in and don't plan too unless they want to give me one to keep.

I will try and post the pictures he had on his blog here. They are nice and he did state that they do say GOLD or PLATINUM at the top but it didn't show up in the pics. Sorry they are small but it will give you an idea or you can go to John's blog Thingy and see them for yourself!

new-ss-cards.jpg.8331be04a9f14e73098b1324cca63a2a.jpg

I just read John Heald's blog and it looks like they are issuing newly designed cards. I have never turned mine in and don't plan too unless they want to give me one to keep.

I will try and post the pictures he had on his blog here. They are nice and he did state that they do say GOLD or PLATINUM at the top but it didn't show up in the pics. Sorry they are small but it will give you an idea or you can go to John's blog Thingy and see them for yourself!

When they took them from us a few years ago, there was no negotiation. Some objected, but they took them anyway.

You can join the discussion on the new cards on this thread

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=938806

Nope...you just have to wait in the line at the Purser's desk to get a new one. Sometimes that can be painful :rolleyes:.

OP...we did not turn ours in on the Spirit last week. I too have all of mine ;)!

Good to know, I sail in a few weeks and would be upset if I had to turn it in.!

I started a thread to dispel this yesterday...

Carnival is not and will not be collecting Sail & Sign cards at the end of a voyage.

I asked John Heald this question and he assured me that it is not company policy except in very unusual situations, as noted previously in the thread.

Hope this helps!!!

Mach

Archived