• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Dumb question about Gold and Platinum Status

Myke729

Hi,

I am relatively new to Carnival having most of my crusies with RCCL. I have sailed Carnival a few years back on the Valor and I have a cruise booked in August on the Glory.

I have heard of people being Gold or Platinum status, and I assuming this is the past guest program. My question is, how many cruise credits must you have to obtain gold and platinum? Also, what benefits do these statuses have with Carnival? I am used to the Crown and Anchor beneifts from RCCL but have not heard too much about Carnival's program.

Thanks for your help!

Hi,

I am relatively new to Carnival having most of my crusies with RCCL. I have sailed Carnival a few years back on the Valor and I have a cruise booked in August on the Glory.

I have heard of people being Gold or Platinum status, and I assuming this is the past guest program. My question is, how many cruise credits must you have to obtain gold and platinum? Also, what benefits do these statuses have with Carnival? I am used to the Crown and Anchor beneifts from RCCL but have not heard too much about Carnival's program.

Thanks for your help!

This should help

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/static_templates/concierge.aspx

I dont get how folks can say they only like Carnival if they have nothing to compare it to?

Cruise 'em both I say.

Fly, of course you're right... I have only been on RCCL and CARNIVAL, so I can't compare to any others... And I have friends that swear only on RCCL and one who only cruises Oceanna <sp>... and I WANNA CRUISE CUNNARD...

But if anyone asks... I LOVE CARNIVAL!!!

I dont get how folks can say they only like Carnival if they have nothing to compare it to?

Cruise 'em both I say.

Ah- logically the statement didn't compare Carnival to another line- just said they loved Carnival. Now you are correct if they had said the they loved Carnival MORE than another or any other line.

Sorry- I'm often a bit pedantic with my morning coffee.

One of the platinum members benefit free wash and fold. Is that just one per cruise? If you have two in the cabin that has that benefit do both members get the free wash and fold?

You can get laundry done for the entire cabin. As many times as you can fit it in during the cruise.;)

Archived