• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Things to see in Halifax, Sydney and Charlottetown, Prince Edward

Sparky9

Looking for suggestions for tours in any of these ports? We will be cruising on Holland America's 10 day Colors of Canada and New England on August 27 to September 6. Appreciate any suggestions!!:)

Both Halifax and Charlottetown have great waterfront areas. In Halifax there is a boardwalk that stretches along the harbour and the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic (which has a great Titanic exhibit) - both within walking distance from the pier. If you like history you could always tour the citadel.

Mahone Bay and Lunenburg are both a fairly long drive from Halifax (at least an hour to Mahone Bay and then Lunenburg is another 15 minutes or so past that). Both are very scenic but if it's your first trip to Halifax than you will find plenty of things to do without having to travel that far.

In Charlottetown they have a beautiful downtown area with lots of nice little shops.

I can't offer many suggestions for Sydney as I haven't spent much time there myself.

You could always check the Canada ports of call forum for more suggestions on these ports.

• 3 months later...

We are on the same cruise. We have visited Halifax before and if you don't want to take the ship's cruise, you can easily walk about the waterfront and even to the Citadel on your own.

We too are wondering about Sydney. Seems to me that I saw somewhere that there are flags posted to indicate a walking route past some interesting houses, churches, etc.

Archived