• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Seven Seas Beach and El Yunque in one day?

Relayer4

I know we're going to be tight on time, but I wanted to get out of SJ and explore some of the island before our cruise. With our plane landing at 11:30 Friday morning, how should we go about our afternoon? I'd like to see El Yunque, but also wouldn't mind exploring Playa Colora Beach, which is near Seven Seas Beach. Both these stops looked nice when researching on the PR Day Trips web site. We will be doing both rain forests and beaches on our cruise, so I'm flexible with what to see in PR.

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/playa-colora-in-fajardo/

You won't have day light time enough to do both.

After getting you bags and a car, then it is lunch time and the 1hr drive to the rainforest....it will be close to 2pm.

Since you will find more beautiful "Caribbean" beaches on your cruise, skip the beach. It is nice and private, but not unbelievable.

I say, just explore the rainforest- stop and see the Juan Diego Falls, then go up and walk Big tree trail to La Mina falls (or Mt Britton for the view).

Then it is dinner time- head to the Kiosks in Luquillo- go to #2 La Parilla.

Have the seafood stuffed mofongo. Yum ! And the quatro leches for dessert.

Then head back to you hotel to check in and enjoy the night.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe if we have time before the sun sets we'll drive by a beach or 2 and take a little stroll. Is it safe to go up to El Yunque with luggage in the car? I was thinking of checking into the Courtyard soon as we get the rental and get rid of the luggage before heading out.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe if we have time before the sun sets we'll drive by a beach or 2 and take a little stroll. Is it safe to go up to El Yunque with luggage in the car? I was thinking of checking into the Courtyard soon as we get the rental and get rid of the luggage before heading out.

I would have no problem with luggage in the car at El Yunque.

The Kiosks are on the beach, so during day light, it is ok to stroll on the beach. Park at the kiosks and walk about at sunset. Then have dinner.

I would get a little nervous walking on the beaches at night. Not that I have heard anything bad happening, but it is one of the things I would avoid.

Archived