• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Halloween Cruise

knight2096

Hi, We originally were going to book a cruise in early to mid October. We have cruised around that time of year before and the weather was always great. We are now thinking of booking a Halloween cruise for the kids on DCL.

My question is, is the Disney Halloween cruise worth it or is it really not a big deal, Is the weather ok on the western cruise in late October early November? Would it be smarter to book an early to mid October cruise instead just to be on the safe side weather wise?

We would like to take are kids on a DCL Halloween cruise. We have been to WDW on Halloween and loved it, but not sure if the Halloween cruise is worth risking bad weather for, we also really want to enjoy the islands. Any advice, Anyone experience the Halloween cruise, what did you think of it? :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

We've booked the Halloween cruise for this year and are looking forward to it. I heard from previous Halloween cruisers that it is a lot of fun. I don't know since we are departing on Halloween night what will happen as far as dressing out is concerned. I guess I could call Disney Cruise Line and ask them.

As far as cruising during this time frame, my DH and I cruise last year Oct 17th on a seven night cruise wtih Royal Caribbean and the weather was fine. The chance for hurricanes is much reduced after September and the early part of October so there is really no fear of cruising this time period. We had awesome weather at all our ports (and this Disney cruise is making almost the same itinerary with the exception of their private island and Key West).

Come join us... it will be a grand time for all.

We are sailing on the Oct 25th, for a 4 day. I really wanted to do the Halloween cruise but couldnt pass up the price I got on the 4 day.

Halloween is my fave holiday and I hear they really only celebrate the day of so I dont expect to see much on our cruise. But we may go to the Halloween Party on the day we get off the ship, still debating on that though. So we can still get a Disney Halloween fix!

• 3 months later...
We've booked the Halloween cruise for this year and are looking forward to it. I heard from previous Halloween cruisers that it is a lot of fun. I don't know since we are departing on Halloween night what will happen as far as dressing out is concerned. I guess I could call Disney Cruise Line and ask them.

As far as cruising during this time frame, my DH and I cruise last year Oct 17th on a seven night cruise wtih Royal Caribbean and the weather was fine. The chance for hurricanes is much reduced after September and the early part of October so there is really no fear of cruising this time period. We had awesome weather at all our ports (and this Disney cruise is making almost the same itinerary with the exception of their private island and Key West).

Come join us... it will be a grand time for all.

n2cruisin2 -

I just read your review of your Celebrity cruise and would love to find out more about your private tours in Cartagena and Puntarenas - could you drop me an email off forum?? donahcbrown @ msn.com - great review BTW!

When I went on the Magic for Halloween 2007, it was a big deal. Lots of events, costume contests, etc. There were a LOT more costumes than I thought there would have been, and they were all so great!

If any of you are on the Magic which leaves on Hhalloween (10/31) for the 7 day Western I just wanted to invite you to our cruise website and let you know that there are 30 cabins of folks who have gotten together on the DIS boards. We have lots of fun activities planned including Fish Extenders, phot walk, Mik Shake Meet, etc. and would love it of more joined in from here as well. We even have our own shirts and lanyards

here is the link to the website. We also have a cruise chat each week for the kids (monitored of course) and a separate one for the adults

Hope to see you soon!!

If any of you are on the Magic which leaves on Hhalloween (10/31) for the 7 day Western I just wanted to invite you to our cruise website and let you know that there are 30 cabins of folks who have gotten together on the DIS boards. We have lots of fun activities planned including Fish Extenders, phot walk, Mik Shake Meet, etc. and would love it of more joined in from here as well. We even have our own shirts and lanyards

here is the link to the website. We also have a cruise chat each week for the kids (monitored of course) and a separate one for the adults

Hope to see you soon!!

Good friends of mine are on this cruise and they are avid DISers. I'd be surprised if they weren't already signed up on your website. Their names are Liz and Mark.

We're doing this cruise in 2010, which leaves the day BEFORE Halloween, so we may be at a bit of an advantage.

Archived