• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

To much to ask the Maitre d'?

superrupe

MY DW and I are cruising on the Inspiration 5 night on May 18. IF the Inspiration has windows in the dining room, would it be to much to ask when we board the ship for a table by the window in the dining room. We're not too picky, just thought it be neat to have a window table for once. Thank you!

MY DW and I are cruising on the Inspiration 5 night on May 18. IF the Inspiration has windows in the dining room, would it be to much to ask when we board the ship for a table by the window in the dining room. We're not too picky, just thought it be neat to have a window table for once. Thank you!

Superrupe,

There's nothing wrong with requesting a view other than other pax while enjoying your meal. Request away! :)

Is it common for people to request dining room changes? Do you think the maitre d's get fed up with it? I can imagine there are some people who just like to hear themselves complain, so I'm sure they get crazy requests. I'm honeymooning on my first cruise in a couple of months and thought about asking to be sat at a more private table, but I'm sure there are tons of other honeymooners on the same cruise who'll be asking the same thing. How common is it?

Is it common for people to request dining room changes? Do you think the maitre d's get fed up with it? I can imagine there are some people who just like to hear themselves complain, so I'm sure they get crazy requests. I'm honeymooning on my first cruise in a couple of months and thought about asking to be sat at a more private table, but I'm sure there are tons of other honeymooners on the same cruise who'll be asking the same thing. How common is it?

That's what I was wondering, is it appropriate it not.

It happens and it's appropriate. All we asked for was to be changed from the early seating to the late seating which was our request when we booked that was not honored.

It's also appropriate to tip the Maitre D' when your request is accomodated.

I'm honeymooning on my first cruise in a couple of months and thought about asking to be sat at a more private table, but I'm sure there are tons of other honeymooners on the same cruise who'll be asking the same thing. How common is it?

You can always ask for a table for two. I do it all the time. The MD will accommodate you, if he can.

The two tops are not private at all. At least not any that I've had. They pack the tables together pretty close.

You can always ask for a table for two. I do it all the time. The MD will accommodate you, if he can.

The two tops are not private at all. At least not any that I've had. They pack the tables together pretty close.

Yup....the normally separate a table for 4 about 18". There are a few isolated tables but they are usually in poor locations.

We did the Glory for our Honeymoon and requested a table to ourselves and were given our request. Although I do agree that private tables are not that private we were very close to the people next to us. However, they turned out to be interesting people. However, it was nice to have the option of not talking to them.

Melissa

So what happens if I decide I DO like the table that Carnival assigns me to? Do I need to let the maitre'd know up front so I don't get reassigned without knowing? It just seems like if the people that don't like their table speak up and get moved to a more preferable table that the people originally assigned to that table might end up getting bumped........ possibly to the table that the other people did not like. Or am I overthinking this?

So what happens if I decide I DO like the table that Carnival assigns me to? Do I need to let the maitre'd know up front so I don't get reassigned without knowing? It just seems like if the people that don't like their table speak up and get moved to a more preferable table that the people originally assigned to that table might end up getting bumped........ possibly to the table that the other people did not like. Or am I overthinking this?

You will not be moved from your table assignment unless you request to be.

We were on the Inspiration in July, and I thought it was cool. We went under the bridge at the mouth of Tampa Bay while we were at dinner. The other cool thing was watching ship traffic as we cruised out of the harbor.

We got lucky and were assigned window seats. I was part of a large group.

If there is a table available

he/she the Maitre'd will be

glad to move you.....

When you board the Ship

the first day.....

The Maitre'd will have

a time set up,,for those

who need to change their

tables or Dining times......

I hope that you have

JOSEPH//SUPER CHARGE

SHOWTIME MAITRE'D.........

He was on the Celebration

and the Glory...

He left the Glory-1-10-09.......

After his vacation........

He is going

to the Inspiration.........

I am guessing he should be there

now or for sure with in the

next few weeks............

I don't think they're going to "bump" anyone that's already been assigned a window seat, so it's pretty much going to depend on are there any "open" window seats. ken

Okay...so if I ask for a window seat before the first dinner I cant be accommodated because I will be "bumping" someone?

Just don't want to get my hopes up or use my time on a line if there is nothing they will do.

Thanks

There is nothing wrong with asking.

Thanks for all the answers! They are greatly appreaciated. I will ask the Maitre d' and if there's no tables, oh well. That won't ruin the crusie. I've been on 4 and it didn't ruin it them. Thanks a lot and can't wait!!!!

Archived