Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mama_2_boys

Dolphin Swim at Puerto Adventuras?

My husband and I will be in PDC (Calica) in June and we are considering doing the dolphin swim. We are sailing on the Holiday and the rates for this excursian through them is a lot more expensive. I'm considering booking directly with Puerto Adventuras, but I wanted some info on them. Has anyone done business with them before? Done the dolphin swim? Any info is appreciated! Also if you have been to Puerto Adventuras do they have a beach there? Thank you!

I highly recommend the Royal Dolphin Swim at Puerto Adventuras. I've done several dolphin swims and this one is hands-down the best of the bunch. The "foot push" is awsome! I would certainly look into a direct booking, but you'd have to arrange for a cab from PDC to PA which could be dicy these days unless the cruise line has cabs they "guarantee" at dockside. The park is about 1/2 hour drive from PDC, past Xcaret and down closer to Tulum. Either of those two places would make a good combo with the dolphin swim for a full day-trip. Have fun!! :)

====================================================

My husband and I will be in PDC (Calica) in June and we are considering doing the dolphin swim. We are sailing on the Holiday and the rates for this excursian through them is a lot more expensive. I'm considering booking directly with Puerto Adventuras, but I wanted some info on them. Has anyone done business with them before? Done the dolphin swim? Any info is appreciated! Also if you have been to Puerto Adventuras do they have a beach there? Thank you!

I meant to attach this URL to my other note .... It will answer all your questions.

http://www.cancuncare.com/Cancun_Tours/Swim_with_Dolphins/Puerto_Aventuras.htm

If I were you, I would definitely book through Carnival. My parents & I sailed the Conquest last month & booked directly with Dolphin Discovery (which is who Puerto Adventuras uses) in Cozumel. They have several locations. We missed the Cozumel stop because of the swine flu. Now, we're in the middle of a major battle with this place to get the percentage of money back (95%) that they originally promise to refund if we miss the port. They keep intentionally losing our information and then lying to try to keep from having to give the refund. $420 they owe us, per their own policy, and they're pulling all kinds of dirty tricks to try to keep from refunding it. If the Holiday doesn't make it to your ports (it is an old ship; it may not make it), you'll have a huge battle on your hands to get your refund. If you book through Carnival, you automatically get it all refunded, guaranteed! It's worth the extra money. Never do any independent prepay excursions.

I am "k2excursion's" mother. I would just like to let you know that Dolphin Discovery had finally come through with our refund (minus a cancellation fee) after 5+ weeks. They were difficult to work with, but at least they finally came through. I just wouldn't book with them again. Too much uncertainty and too much money that could be lost if something goes wrong.