• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Lisbon Hop On Hop Off Bus

When we were in Lisbon a couple of years ago we used the Carristur HOHO bus and thought it an excellent way to see the city. I've searched online but can't seem to find the route map. However at the time (and it may still be the same) it covered 3 separate (overlapping) routes which covered everything you might want to see in the city.

The must see place is Belem, which is a short distance along the coast (on the HOHO route) - Monastery de Jeronimo, the stunning Monument of the Discoveries (google them). Make sure to stop at the famous pastry shop Pasteis de Belem for one of their stunning pastries.

Lisbon is a wonderful city of lovely people and very compact so you should see a lot in a day, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :)

When we were in Lisbon a few years ago there was a very good trolley tour that took us around the city and out to Belem where we stopped for a pastry. I highly recommend that.

My wife and I spent 5 nights in Lisbon a couple of years ago and loved it. I totally agree with the previous posts and would add there is a great tram ride, I think it is the no. 28 which goes from the centre to the Alfama district high above Lisbon. It is a very steep climb and the views of Lisbon from the top are great.

Archived