• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Mariner Shower only vs Tub/shower

Voomy

They are all the same size. They used to have all tub/shower combos (other than the handicapped accessible suites). The ones with showers now are merely the same space with the tub removed and a shower base installed.

Also please be advised that since the recent drydock in January that even more shower/tub combinations were converted to showers only. We were at reception shortly after embarkation and there were several pax there that were very unhappy to find out that the cabin they booked over a year ago no longer had the bathrub in it. Fortunately the ship is not full and only has about 250-300 pax on this segment of the Ring of Fire and they were able to move people around and get them a cabin with a bathtub.

Pat

We have been in suites with shower only and tub/shower combo on the Mariner. Although bathtubs are, in general, nice to have, the ones on the Mariner are okay if you aren't over 5' 7" tall (approx.) The ceiling is VERY low -- just not a comfortable space to bathe or shower. The shower only is spacious -- has wonderful new shower heads -- and a seat.

Pat: Can you tell me whether those new showers are quite similar to the ones on Voyager? same size, same "look" etc? If we book a Mariner cruise, I need to decide whether to stick with the old configuration (which I've never seen), or ask for the new, shower-only bathroom. (Or stay with dear old Voyager and have both!) Thanks-- and I hope it's not inappropriate for me to jump in with this related question.

Archived