Suite Extras on Sapphire Princess for Guests

prothman

We booked two rooms on Sapphire Princess this summer. One is a gift to my parents (a PS suite-C742) for 40 happy years of marraige and one is for us (a BB balcony room-C726) who are only celebrating our 7th anniversary on-board :):):). Our room is close and we wanted to splurge on their room rather than have two mini-suites so we would have a nice large place to enjoy. We plan to spend a lot of time with them in their room hanging out on the balcony and want to know if the delivery of evening appetizers, tea, etc. will also apply to their guests. I doubt we will go so far as to dump our laundry in with theirs but do want to enjoy the tea service, etc. Also, will we be able to enter/leave the ship using the same doors as them, etc? Any other things we should consider with this arrangement.

Your parents will have to order the little plate of snacks each day, and it's only about 6 or 8 pieces. These used to be delivered automatically but since many people don't want them, they tended to go to waste and there is now a little card that you give to your steward each day if you want the canapes.

Everyone goes through the same entrance when entering or leaving the ship, so no problems there.

In the PH you can order from the dining room menu any time. We sometimes ordered appetizers from the dinner menu (smoked salmon etc.) to have on our balcony before dinner. That might be nicer than the canapes, and a little more. I can't imagine they would care if your parents ere ordering snacks for their guests!

Mommyjamiex4_ yes! PH has free laundry and dry cleaning!

They can just ask ask for 2 or 3 orders of what they want. We did that on a recent cruise when we had guests.

What is this laundry thing? In a PH they do your laundry for free?? Wish I had know that!

We must be very unlucky in full suites. We tried ordering extra appetizers for a cocktail party we were havinig, even put a little note on the order form. Nope, they only delivered the one small plate of the first choice, none of the others we ordered. :(

Don't feel bad about the laundry, this seems to happen more often that some don't realize it's a perk without charge for full suites. Our neighbors on our last cruise (both in a PH) didn't know it either. She had been running to do their laundry at the self service laundry room for the first 10 days of the cruise. We started to chat over the balcony and talking about the suite when I informed her she didn't need to do that. Her mouth dropped open and she said she would never make that mistake again. ;)

Also, you mentioned afternoon tea. When you call to order it from the suite, I have always been asked how many to set up for. We also never had a problem with getting extra lunch or dinner items for our guests.

The suite is a fabulous place to congregate as a family. It can become your own little private world away from the crowds. There also should be seating on the suite for at least 6 -- 2 loungers and 4 chairs at a large round table.

Enjoy your cruise and what a nice thing to do for your parents!!

Archived