• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

? for recent Star Riviera cruisers

Eeyoregon

In Puerto Vallarta we are in port from 8:00 to 10:00.

1.) PV time is 1 hour ahead so we are really in port from 9:00 to 11:00 PV time, correct??

2.) If I am interested in a private tour (booking myself) what would be the earliest time slot that I could reserve and be off the ship in time for? Do you think I could make a 10:00 tour that involves a 20 minute taxi ride?

TIA!!

Gina

That could be tight, but I'd think it could work if you hustle. We had a 10:30 appt that we walked to (probably a 20 minute walk) and we were at least 1/2 hour early.

Note that sometimes we tender in PV. It's a short tender, but still takes longer than just walking off.

oh....are you talking 10:00am or 10:00pm? (my answer is based on 10:00am, but then I re-read the question)

INCORRECT!

The times listed in port are LOCAL TIMES the ship will adjust to the local time as you go one night you are told to set your clocks back an hour etc.

So make your plans based on the times listed.

INCORRECT!

The times listed in port are LOCAL TIMES the ship will adjust to the local time as you go one night you are told to set your clocks back an hour etc.

So make your plans based on the times listed.

We were just on the Star 2 weeks ago. When we were in PV we tendered in the morning and when the HAL ship left at 5pm the Star moved to the pier. The Star DID NOT change the ships time to match the time in PV. We were 1 hour behind PV. We had to be back on board by 8:30pm ship's time, and we left port at 9pm ship's time or 10pm PV time.

The Star DID NOT change the ships time to match the time in PV. We were 1 hour behind PV. We had to be back on board by 8:30pm ship's time, and we left port at 9pm ship's time or 10pm PV time.

Ok, that is what the NCL rep told me. She said we (the ship clocks/schedule) would be 1 hour behind local time so to keep that in mind if making any private plans.

I am just having the hardest time wrapping my brain around it! So PV is on Central Standard time and I am from Oregon and will spring forward 1 hour this Sunday. So on Sunday after I spring forward, what will the time be in PV compared to my local time?? I'm asking because I would just like to set one of my watches to PV time and follow it! Good grief I'm challenged!

Oh, and my excursion would be in the morning.

Archived