• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Time Zone question...

I'm from the west coast, so this might be a stupid question :o

We fly into Miami (2 hours ahead? 3?) Is this the time that it will be the whole trip? :oWe're doing the Western Caribbean. (Cozumel, Belize, Grand Stirrup Cay, Roatan...)

In other words, do all those countries follow our time in the US.

Thank you :)

Roatan is on eastern time. The problem comes in with DST which is this Sunday @ 2am. IIRC it is Belize that doesn't do DST. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chime in.

When you get of the Pearl on 3/29, my wife and I will be waiting to get on. :D

Bruce

We fly into Miami (2 hours ahead? 3?) Is this the time that it will be the whole trip? :oWe're doing the Western Caribbean. (Cozumel, Belize, Grand Stirrup Cay, Roatan...)

Miami is 3 hours earlier than the West Coast it is Eastern time. So I hope your flights reflect that.

You will be told in your daily on the ship if there is a need to change your clock either way. just pay attention. The ship time will reflect the local time.

So I'm going to be changing time every day? :confused:

This might be annoying if it changes much :eek:

Welcome to the world of "Travelling". If you think changing the time once or twice on a Caribbean cruise is a pain I suggest you never do a transatlantic. There are usually six or more time changes. I about wore the stem off my watch.

Again, when you travel East, you will move your watch ahead 1 hour for each time zone you enter. After you board the ship, you will always adjust your time to whatever the "ship" time happens to be. This is the official time that you have to live with because the ship arrives & leaves by the ships time. Always check the ships clock before leaving it.

Gene

So I'm going to be changing time every day? :confused:

This might be annoying if it changes much :eek:

It could be almost that much. LOL When we cruised those same ports last March, we changed times 4 times during a 7 day cruise...and we live in EST so didn't have to change times when we arrived in Miami. Thank God for the time change cards on our beds at night. It was almost a game of trying to figure out if we'd jump forward or backwards and how many hours.

Have fun! :D

CG

I'll wave to ya after I stop crying...I won't want to leave ya know. :D

*sigh*

In other words, I'll have to keep changing my watch back and forth. Miami EST. Get on boat...change back one hour. then, another port, maybe change it forward. Ick LOL

Roatan is on eastern time. The problem comes in with DST which is this Sunday @ 2am. IIRC it is Belize that doesn't do DST. If I'm wrong I'm sure someone will chime in.

When you get of the Pearl on 3/29, my wife and I will be waiting to get on. :D

Bruce

I kind of realize that I'll be told, I was just wondering which country is on what time zone. Looks like it won't change more than one hour hopefully anyway. Which will be irritating. I'll just be getting used to DST.

Miami is 3 hours earlier than the West Coast it is Eastern time. So I hope your flights reflect that.

You will be told in your daily on the ship if there is a need to change your clock either way. just pay attention. The ship time will reflect the local time.

I went to India. Now THAT is a time change! :eek: LOL I only changed ONCE though :p I didn't have to keep changing every time I moved to a different "port" ;) ;)

I was just trying to figure out how my body would get used to changing back and forth an hour. As said above, Miami (which I will be in for 2 days before cruising) is EST, and the places we'll be are Central so I'll be going from PST, to EST and then back to CST. Sheesh, I'm dizzy just thinking about it LOL

No one is seeming to get what I'm saying. I don't mind going ahead, but to go backward on the cruise (CST) and then back to EST when we hit Miami after the cruise. Then, going home to PST again :D

Welcome to the world of "Travelling". If you think changing the time once or twice on a Caribbean cruise is a pain I suggest you never do a transatlantic. There are usually six or more time changes. I about wore the stem off my watch.

4 times? That and the motion sickness might make me think twice about any more cruises LOL Ok, maybe not :D

It could be almost that much. LOL When we cruised those same ports last March, we changed times 4 times during a 7 day cruise...and we live in EST so didn't have to change times when we arrived in Miami. Thank God for the time change cards on our beds at night. It was almost a game of trying to figure out if we'd jump forward or backwards and how many hours.

Have fun! :D

CG

Not a stupid question.

The West Coast is 3 hours different than the East Coast.

You will change times throughout your cruise but the time changes are well published in the dailies and by way of cards left in your cabin.

A watch is advisable. I gave this advice so to my niece who does not usually wear one but depends on her cell phone. Cell phones may pick up different signals as you change time zones.

Yes, I will keep track. I just wonder if my body will be able to deal with all the time changes back and forth.

I come from PST, to EST (3 hours) then go back on the cruise to CST, and possibly a few more time changes back and forth, then, back to Miami and EST...then back home...PST.

sheesh LOL

You know, I hate to be irritable...but my original question wasn't how to find out time changes...I know there's 3 hours from PST to EST.

I wanted to know if the other countries we're visiting are doing time changes and how many there would be. I was given an answer to that question. There will be probably 4 on the cruise. That will drive me nuts LOL

Archived