• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Sandals Dunns River Villagio with Princess

Aquarian

Does anyone have any experience with Sandals Dunns River Villagio? We are on the Ruby Princess this month and have booked this excursion. I've been looking at the Sandals website and it looks beautiful. Does anyone know if it's as nice in person?

I haven't been to Dunn's River Villagio, but we stayed at Sandals Grande Ocho Rios. It is far older, but still nice. The beach wasn't fantastic, but we really enjoyed the pool and the hotel.

I am a huuuge fan of tripadvisor.com. The traveler reviews and photos are a pretty accurate representation.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g147312-d148172-r25609493-Sandals_Dunn_s_River_Villagio_Golf_Resort_and_Spa-Ocho_Rios_Jamaica.html

My wife and I stayed at SDR for our honeymoon a couple years back. The beach wasn't our thing but the pools were great. There are two of them, one with music and activities and another without. Both have full bars. The grounds were like what you will see in pictures on tripadvisor as lillypad suggested. The only downside which wasn't really a big deal is that there weren't really any wait staff bringing drinks around, you had to actually go up to the bar yourself. But this wasn't really an issue for us.

I don't know if you can book directly through Sandals. We purchased this as an excursion through Princess Cruise Lines.

We were waitlisted on the Sandals excursion through Princess. After speaking with a sales rep from Sandals, she assured us that they normally have plenty of day passes available, and rarely turn people away. The day pass through Sandals is $85 per person, which is less expensive than the $119 per person that Princess charges. However, the Princess excursion includes transportation. You should just be able to take a cab to SDR and purchase a day pass.

Archived