• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Price Drop - Cant get a hold of TA!

pakmount

Let's see.... price drop.... can't get a hold of your TA.....hmmmmm....sounds about right!!!!!!!!!!

No, I don't believe Carnival PVPs can help. You will have to get a hold of your travel agent. Don't worry. They have to come back to work eventually!!!!!!!! ;)

Looking today the prices have dropped on my July cruise. I have tried to contact my TA, but no luck. Can I call Carnival direct for this difference? It is significant.

Thanks

No, you have to wait on your TA, they are your middleman.

Hopefully, the fare will still be available when you are able to reach them. Is there anyone at the agency that you can call?

You can give Carnival a call, but it wont help. This would also reduce the amount of your TA commission, so Carnival would never get involved in that transaction.

Looking today the prices have dropped on my July cruise. I have tried to contact my TA, but no luck. Can I call Carnival direct for this difference? It is significant.

Thanks

If you book through a TA Carnival will not talk to you! Just hope your TA gets back to work soon?

ya, I tried calling Carnival - they won't speak with me. Dang it. We have used this TA before, and they were a bit cheaper than Carnival on the onset, and a buck is a buck anymore! I will just keep my fingers (and toes) crossed that they return my email or call soon. Between my two cabins, it is $500 plus Carnival is uprgrading rooms. Wish me luck!

Take a screenshot of the page reflecting the lower price to show your TA in case the price jumps back up. I don't know if it can help, but it can't hurt! :)

Good Idea - I have done that. I think I will email it to them.

Which ship are you going on that the prices have dropped? I wish mine would drop I'm going in July on the Inspiration. I booked with the Early Saver Rate and I am hoping mine will go down - we have 2 oceanview cabins. Before I booked with Carnival I had put several cruises on the cruise compete thing and actually forgot about that - and tonight I got a price from one of them for the 5 night cruise on July 4th and the 5 night is only $304.00 more (that is the total price more). The thing is that it is the category 5A and I have a 6B. (Mine is the 4 night cruise). I don't know whether it is worth the bother of trying to change to the 5 night or not - I would also have to pay the $50.00 per person to make a change so that would end up being $504.00 more dollars for the cruise.

I'm just thinking about it to much....

Gosh.... nobody has made the "Should have booked direct with cruiseline to avoid this from happeneing" remark...... yet ! Oh well, I just did !:rolleyes:

Why, they aren't gonna listen.. They will just come back with...My TA is so good, or my TA does this or that....

All to save a couple of bucks and incur $500 worth of agitation...

Some members (like myself) turn off the "siggy's" because they slow up loading the pages and take up so much space and are really annoying !

I wasn't trying to be rude. Sorry if it came off that way. The pp asked what ship they were on, so I was just letting them know what is said in the OPs siggy.

If you book through a TA Carnival will not help you. They will tell you to contact your TA.

If you have paid a deposit that is refundable I suggest you book on line at the cheaper price with Carnival and then cancel your first booking with your travel agent.

Usually if the final payment has not been made you can cancel and get a refund.

Check your contract. Some travel agents now charge $100.00 per person if you cancel for no reason but depending on the amount you save this may still be a better option for you.

Good Luck

The right answer is next time pick a better TA. I am generally available from 8AM to 8PM, seven days a week. When not in the office my phone is forwarded to home or my cell. Many of the agents in my office work the same way. Further, anyone calling our office without entering an extension will always get an agent Monday through Friday 9 AM to 6 PM and 9 AM to 3 PM on Saturdays and Sundays. Almost always, agents remained signed in beyond those hours.

Most good brick and mortar agencies work the same way.

Their siggy says they're going on the Liberty.

I appreciated your post. I have signatures turned off and people post about some cruise without saying which ship and date and I read it usually and move on without reply because Im mystified what they are asking about. Even if they have it in their siganture, why wouldnt they mention which cruise as if people only have one cruise booked.

I do sometimes think to look at the siganture by clicking on the profile. Most of the time I just move on.

My TA contacted me this morning! They are working on our price reduction. They are and have been really good to work with. I was just panicking because I didn't want to miss the reduction. (We are happy with our TA, and I hope that if they read this, they know that.)

At any rate, thanks for everyones input- I hope it helped not only me, but everyone else!:D

My TA contacted me this morning! They are working on our price reduction. They are and have been really good to work with. I was just panicking because I didn't want to miss the reduction. (We are happy with our TA, and I hope that if they read this, they know that.)

At any rate, thanks for everyones input- I hope it helped not only me, but everyone else!:D

I'm glad that it worked out for you. Congratulations.

So your cruise in July went down? What date are you sailing and what did you book it at and what is it at now?

Archived