• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

More train questions???

nigkar

Just been reading about the train excersion and it sounds very interesting.

Could anyone tell me how close it is to port

How we get to it ?

How much it costs?

Do you have to book in advance or can you walk on?

Is there a beach near by when you get back?

Please help a 1st time cruiser.

Is it a friendly Island?

Thank you

Nigkar

The only way to book the train is through the cruise ship. They will take you from the pier to the train and return you to the pier after the excursion. If you take the earliest trip it would leave time to take a taxi to the beach. Yhe people on St Kitts are very friendly.

Just recieved this mail from the train service.

Stil got to find out about how to get there etc. If anybody knows any answers to the rest of the questions I would be grateful too;)

Thank you for your tour request.

We do offer the St. Kitts Scenic Railway Tour. This tour sells at $90.00 US per person. This price is set by the operator. You will transferred by air conditioned bus from our store in Port Zante to the train station.

If this tour is not within your budget, we have a couple of other options.

The Full Island Tour, we can offer you this tour for $30.00 US per person. This tour will go around the entire island. It will make a number of stops at points of interest along the way. This tour will not stop at Brimstone Hill National Park. We can add this stop for you for an additional $10.00 US per person. Brimstone Hill is a UNESCO site and the largest fort built by the British in the entire Caribbean and a must see on the island. http://www.brimstonehillfortress.org

Without Brimstone Hill: 3 hours

With Brimstone Hill: 31/2 hours

The Half Island Tour; this is a shorter tour, 2 hours, that will take you to Romney Manor & Caribelle Batik http://www.caribellebatikstkitts.com then back to the top of Timothy Hill located the southeast Peninsula, then return to Port Zante.

We do require a 20% deposit to finalize all reservations. This deposit is refundable if your tour is cancelled by the operator.

If you wish to book any of these tours, or require additional information, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you.

Yours truly,

Liz Pereira

Manager

The Tour Store, St. Kitts

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Here's a link to our photo album from having done this excursion in January, 2009:

http://rides.webshots.com/album/570318567ktjxnu

We found St. Kitts to be a very friendly island and an enjoyable port of call. The ship will dock in Port Zante, Bassterre, St. Kitts. There are no accessible beaches near Port Zante, so you'll need to find an excursion to a beach if beach sunbathing is important to you.

If you planned to do the train excursion in the morning, you would have time to shop in the area at the port when you return, or just beyond in the main "Picadilly of the Caribbean" city core. Your "beach" time could actually be aboard ship in the afternoon -- port days are great days to enjoy less crowded pool and deck areas on the ship.

Have a great cruise!

CM

We have taken this cruise before and liked it so much we are doing it again. We enjoyed the scenic railway tour. They take you by bus halfway and then drop you off at the train. Th train takes you around the island and shows you places of interest. It is airconditioned on the main floor of each train and the upstairs is open. You get free sodas, water and the best banana dacquiris and pina coladas. They also give you a sugared thing and they have some island singers going from car to car. You should tip them if you havent been on it before you probably wouldnt know to bring singles. We had an awesome time and unfortunately I was a little wasted when I got off the train, but not drunk. Just feeling real gooood. Enjoy. We might even do it again.

Flamingokidz

Sail On........................................Leave The World Behind!

We took the train through Princess a few weeks ago and LOVED it. It cost $99 through the cruiseline, but I overheard one of the Princess Reps telling someone to check at the Welcome Center about booking directly since the cruiseline's excursion was sold out. So, I think you can book independently, but I heard it would end up costing more due to the transportation costs.

There were 3 times offered. We selected the 10:30 train ride and we had about an hour bus ride to get to the train. However, on the return trip, we were only about 5 minutes from the port.

It was a very relaxing tour; the singers were great; and it was really interesting to see the local housing and gorgeous views. We would take this trip again!

Archived