Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

This week is my red week... I don't feel like working out and I gained 2 pounds... I hate red weeks!!! :(:( ;)

I too am in my red week mode and have beaten myself black and blue.

Next week I will be in my bright yellow sunny mode.

Thanks that's exactly what happened...after I hit the post button it didn't go anywhere, so I hit the stop up at the top and tried to post again - I couldn't believe it when I ended up with three posts!! :o

Anyway...I'm Jessica and I go on my wedding cruise in 38 days!! When I started working out etc about a month ago I was at 224 and when I weighed myself a few days ago I was down to 216.5. I would love to hit 200 by the end of May but don't know if that's really a reachable goal for me (I have to work against a underperforming thyroid!!)

I'm so excited to find this thread - not only for the next month, but because I hope to stay motivated after I get back from this cruise and start planning the next one! :D

Should've read down a little more and I would have seen that you posted your numbers.

I have hypothyroid and take 350 mg of synthyroid daily so I know how much of a struggle it.

Stay motivated and we will do our best to encourage you every lb of the way(weigh)

Welcome to the weight loss group. Always good to have others on board with us. Goo luck and enjoy your cruise in 38 days now.

I know what you mean about that. There are weeks that I don't want to do anything. This weekend is going to be nice for me though. I think at 7 am I am going to go to the Park and do some sprints on the soccer fields before they have games. Then after that go play 18 holes of golf and walk, and then might do another workout in the evening at the park or in my house.

Going to be working extremely hard to try to get rid of my last 19 pounds before my wedding/cruise.

SHOW OFF:D You gave me a workout just reading all the exercise you have planned.

I have no doubts that you will loose that 19 lbs and MORE.

Matt, remember, I am in my red week. Don't talk about working out :mad::mad::mad::mad:

You can forget my signature... It does not apply to you this morning

Now, Now...behave yourself

RED doesn't mean you have to be NASTY. (even if Matt is wearing us out with all his talk of working out)

You big meanie. :mad: I will talk about all the working out i want too. :D. Infact, I just walked up 160 steps to get to work. Tomorrow I will jog up them. I don't remember the last time I took the elevator. I am on the top floor of the 8 floor building.

But don't worry, my workout this weekend is cut short, as I will be working away the wonderful weekend .

Don't egg on the RED mood lady.

Are you trying to get our competitive nature up so we will out step you.

I actually have been wearing my step counter this week just out of curiosity.

160 steps....great job.

Hey there all....I have read most of the thread now and would love to join the weigh-ins etc. I will come up with my measurements and post them in the next couple of days.

I don't have a real weight loss plan other than increasing my activity to boost my metabolism. That's my main problem because I'm not really a huge eater. My goal is to exercise on the elliptical at least 30 minutes daily. I've been on a roll this month, but I have more motivation than usual with my wedding coming up. It will be after the wedding that I will be finding all those excuses not to move!!!

Stay motivated...now --now none of that negativity allowed you will continue on with weight loss journey and make a healthy lifestyle for you and your new hubby.

I have written in a few days but I have been reading. Since my knee starting giving me so much more pain I have stopped all exercise until it lets up. I am just a little down because I was so motivated and had to stop. I am still very careful about what I eat but I guess I am having a bit of a pity party myself.

My surgery is 2 weeks from Monday. I am stressed about my job and how it will get done while I am off. I am stressed about coming back too soon like I did with my other knee.

Here is is beautiful weather and I am on such a downer. Thanks all for listening. You are all doing GREAT!

Marsha

You guys are feisty today!

Matt: What's up with you and all of those stairs?? (Someone sounds really motivated! :p) Sheesh I think my legs would collapse if I actually tried to go up that many stairs. :D

I'm fighting the urge to just take a day off and not worry about what I eat and if I even exercise but I stepped on the scale this morning and I'd gained a pound after being so good yesterday. I KNOW, I KNOW... don't beat yourself up over a pound variance from one day to the next.... I'm an obsessive compulsive type so it bothers me even if I know that it is just an unexplained recalibration for the day. I WANT TO SEE THE NUMBERS GO DOWN!!! :eek:

So here I go, to burn rubber, as Vickey put it!

Wishing you all well and welcome to those joining us.

Take care,

Brenda

You guys are feisty today!

Matt: What's up with you and all of those stairs?? (Someone sounds really motivated! :p) Sheesh I think my legs would collapse if I actually tried to go up that many stairs. :D

I'm fighting the urge to just take a day off and not worry about what I eat and if I even exercise but I stepped on the scale this morning and I'd gained a pound after being so good yesterday. I KNOW, I KNOW... don't beat yourself up over a pound variance from one day to the next.... I'm an obsessive compulsive type so it bothers me even if I know that it is just an unexplained recalibration for the day. I WANT TO SEE THE NUMBERS GO DOWN!!! :eek:

So here I go, to burn rubber, as Vickey put it!

Wishing you all well and welcome to those joining us.

Take care,

Brenda

Brenda,

What can I say? I figure that getting my heart rate up in the AM is a good thing and will help burn calories during the day. Fridays are my job up the steps day. I have made it through 5 floors before my legs ache. My goal is to be able to do it without my legs killing me. only 3 more floors to go, but it will be tough.

Just got back from the gym. half hour on the elliptical and then 20 on weights. today was just arms.

Well good night everyone. And Go Pens!

Hi vdarrell...thanks for the welcome and all the positives! I have hypothyroid also (I take 100 mg of the same med).

I did 20 min on the elliptical today. We have company tonight so not so much time. My (future) stepdaughter and her husband are staying the night with their two week old son. (I never had any children but have skipped that and have gone straight into the role of grammy with no complaints!!) :p

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone on the board - its a great motivation to hear what everyone else is doing to keep moving forward! :)

I am so envious right now. I am helping someone plan a cruise for January 2010 and the cruises she wants look so inviting. DH doesn't want me to book a cruise right now because we do not know what our budget will be like after our trip in France. It is killing me so :(:(:(

Think about this : 2 back-to-back cruises on the Seranade of the Seas leaving from San Juan and visiting 11 different islands during those 2 weeks. I want to go :(:(:(

If I could, I would live on a boat, even if it was a small catamaran!!

I have written in a few days but I have been reading. Since my knee starting giving me so much more pain I have stopped all exercise until it lets up. I am just a little down because I was so motivated and had to stop. I am still very careful about what I eat but I guess I am having a bit of a pity party myself.

My surgery is 2 weeks from Monday. I am stressed about my job and how it will get done while I am off. I am stressed about coming back too soon like I did with my other knee.

Here is is beautiful weather and I am on such a downer. Thanks all for listening. You are all doing GREAT!

Marsha

Sorry to hear you are having so much pain and stress.

Stay focused on getting your knees fixed, you can still stay motivated.

We are here for you.

I am a great sounding board so sound away any time you want, but just make sure if you have another pity party you will invite me, I'll bring the veggies and dip maybe even a fruit platter.:D After all I kinda included all of you last week end to my pity party.

I am so envious right now. I am helping someone plan a cruise for January 2010 and the cruises she wants look so inviting. DH doesn't want me to book a cruise right now because we do not know what our budget will be like after our trip in France. It is killing me so :(

Think about this : 2 back-to-back cruises on the Seranade of the Seas leaving from San Juan and visiting 11 different islands during those 2 weeks. I want to go :(:(:(

If I could, I would live on a boat, even if it was a small catamaran!!

I have two words for you..........

FRANCE and JEALOUS:D:D

Hey everybody...

So I got this new workout video about a week ago and its kicking my butt!!! But I do feel that it's getting me stronger cause I'm doing all the moves better and fuller but it makes me sweat bullets!!! I love it!!!

I hope everybody is feeling good, eating right and exercising!!! Keep up all that hard work! It will pay off!!!!

- Jamie

Hey everybody...

So I got this new workout video about a week ago and its kicking my butt!!! But I do feel that it's getting me stronger cause I'm doing all the moves better and fuller but it makes me sweat bullets!!! I love it!!!

I hope everybody is feeling good, eating right and exercising!!! Keep up all that hard work! It will pay off!!!!

- Jamie

Sweating is GOOD.

It's great that you found a video that you like and even better that it will help you get in better shape.

GOOD AFTERNOON EVERYONE

I hope everyone is having a nice SUNNY day. Here in Ohio it is beautiful outside, unfortunately I won't get to enjoy it until after 5:00pm.

But I am looking forward to walking the dog tonight and so is he.:)

I started out my Friday going to the Y at 5:30 am and did 70 minutes cardio(treadmill) and then did my strength training machines.

I then went to work I have one patient and will be with her until 5:00pm and then off to the bank, and home to walk the dog.

Breakfast was a protein shake with a small banana and strawberries added.

Lunch is going to be 2 boiled eggs and an apple

Dinner is veggie soup and a large salad.

Drinking lots of water today.

Well gotta run and feed my patient and give her meds.Talk to the gang later.

Hurray!!!!!! I stepped on the scale this morning and I have lost 4 pounds since the beginning. I am at 160.6 lbs :D:D:D

I see the difference the little changes in my eating habits have done. I did not do a lot of exercice in the last month and things are looking good for me anyway. I can put on the pair of Jeans I wasn't able to wear anymore. Ok... I do have to untie them to sit down put I now can bring them all the way up and tie them up when I am standing!!!

I will hit the treadmill and the stairs starting today. I feel so good!!! Red week is almost over. That on top of the sun and the warmth makes me so cheerful!!!!

Have a super day everyone :p;):cool:

Congratulations on your 4 lbs!!! That is such an awesome feeling to see results!!

Today and yesterday have not been the most focused for me. Yesterday we had tons of errands and things to do, didn't get home until after 9 pm. Then today it was beautiful, but 89 degrees and I intended to exercise tonight, but was too hot and sticky. So two days missed, I'm off my roll...but only temporarily. I will make sure I exercise tomorrow morning while I am still feeling cool!!

Hope everyone had a beautiful day and was able to enjoy the sunshine!

Hey there fellow losers! (I mean that in a good way.)

I hope all of you are having a great weekend. Today was a perfect mix of discipline, self-control, and being productive. (While that is rare for me, it is not unheard of! :D)

I ran this morning (did my best 5K yet - slow for most runners but it was still good for me!) and had a lite breakfast and then did a few hours of volunteer work with the local food bank. Lifting and sorting boxes was a work-out unto itself. So..... that was my day. (Insert a nap in the afternoon and shopping for new undies and then that is really all of my day. :p)

Take care y'all.

Brenda

The workout video I got was 30 day shred. The trainer is Jillian Micheals from the biggest loser! Out of all the workouts I do that one makes me sweat the most!!! I love it!!!

-Jamie

I have the Biggest loser boot camp with Bob. He kicks my ass all the time.

Well good morning everyone. Wanted to report in. I am at 198.2 this morning. So a 0.8 loss this week from last week. I will take it. A loss is a loss.

Hi All! I had a great weekend with the nice weather, but wasn't terribly good about getting on that elliptical. I've just joined a group at work called Active for Life, which is going to run for 10 weeks. I've committed myself to the 30 - 59 minute range at least five days a week, so hopefully that will also help to provide a motivation to stick with it.

Congrats on the weight loss! With the weekend I had, I was too chicken to get on the scale this morning, but I will tomorrow (I think!!) :rolleyes:

Good Morning!

Well I weighed myself on Saturday morning and I weighed 172!!!! But this morning I weighed 173! Oh well I'll take 173! my goal for next Monday is 170.... maybe even 169 that would be even better!!! I'm so excited to break these 70s!!! I hope everbody lost some weight!!!

-Jamie

Good Morning!

Well I weighed myself on Saturday morning and I weighed 172!!!! But this morning I weighed 173! Oh well I'll take 173! my goal for next Monday is 170.... maybe even 169 that would be even better!!! I'm so excited to break these 70s!!! I hope everbody lost some weight!!!

-Jamie

Well, that is still a 1 pound loss for the week. A pound lost is better than 1 pound gained.

Congrats. I am going to be shooting for 196 this week. Will be tough, but with the nicer weather, can get outside and enjoy it.

Here is my weigh/measure - thanks Vickey

riddle

SW.......231

TW........223lbs 217 lbs

CW........180lbs

measurements:

Neck....15.5 inches 15 inches

Upper Arms...14 inches 13 inches

Chest....42.5 inches 42 inches

Waist.....41 inches 40 inches

Hips....47 inches 45 inches

Thighs...27 inches 25 inches

Calves....16.5 inches 16 inches

Diabetic plan (1200 calories)and Illiptical at home,lots of dog walking and water aerobics(soon)

EVENING LOSERS

I will post everyone's weights tomorrow as I just got home and am really tired.

Hard day/night/day at work.

That will also give everyone a chance to post them.

I'm sorry but the bed is calling my name.......Viiiicccckkkkeeey.

Good Night.

today was a bad day for me.

Apple for breakfast at work

we had a pizza lunch with cake at work, as we had one of our guys just get back from Iraq. So of course I had to have myself a piece of cake to celebrate and thank him for his service.

Did do a 30 minute Hip Hop Abs workout tonight along with throwing a football around and walking those 160 steps 3 times today.

Will work hard this week to not gain.

Archived