Need to lose before I cruise... any buddies??

CarissaH330

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Can I just say that some of those frozen "low cal" entrees are such a rip off!!! Errrr... I just ate a Weight Watchers ricotta ravioli dish.... it was 6 dinky ravioli. I'm still HUNGRY!!! Ok, got that out of my system.

I ran tonight so I have that marked off my list of "chores". I don't know if I've mentioned this before but when I cool down on the treadmill, I try to do 3 sets (12 reps each) of 8 different arm exercises. I've also recently added in some crunches, girl push ups, and some lunges in the mornings. I look at this morning routine as ante'ing up for the day. I'm basically saying to myself - Ok, I'm in for the day - I'm committing to keeping at this lifestyle. So that's my little story about me!

Matt: I know how tempting airport food is... especially when they don't feed you on planes. You can get really sucked into the temptation. I try to keep a protein bar or two in my travel bag.

Vickey: I'm going to start counting those down steps. Oh, and I counted my stairs at work today - 44 one way. Now I'll start counting ALL my stair steps. :p

Dominique: Hope you're not too lonely yet.

Twinrigger: Congrats on the price reduction and upgrade - you can't get much better than that! 18 days, If only I had that short a time before my cruise!!!

Jamie: Glad to hear that you are hanging in there. BTW: Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason for the scale not moving even if your body is showing changes (slimming down)....I can understand the frustration though.

Take care all. I've gotta go find something to eat for dinner part II. :D

Brenda

I don't know if I've mentioned this before but when I cool down on the treadmill, I try to do 3 sets (12 reps each) of 8 different arm exercises.

I used to do some work with my arms when I was on the treadmill too. Since I have a balance problem, I was not stable and that's when my belly would start acting up. That is why I reduced the intensity on the treadmill and I stopped moving my arms. To keep working more intensively, I am now on the treadmill for about 66 minutes. That is how long the music I prepared to pass my walking time lasts. I now practice my signing when I am on the treadmill.

I did not do my stair routine on Thursday because after working on my arms, my abs, my back, my legs and doing 66 min of walking, my belly decided to act up a little. Wednesday is a big day for me, I have an appointement with the audiologist and lot of errans. I probably will do my arms, the treadmill and the stairs only and give a rest to my belly. When I do my leg routine, I am lying on the back on my bed and moving my legs slowly. It is mainly my abs that are working, but my legs are too. When this is finished, I flip on my stomach to do some leg lifts, that is how I work my back. Should I call this the bed routine from now on? Hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Hope you all have a very restful night.

I feel soooooooooooo good!!! Taking a shower use to be a real torture and taking it in the morning was even worse. When I took my shower this morning, I felt absolutly no pain, even when raising my legs to wash my tippy toes. That is all thanks to my stopping the medecine and to my fellow loosers-winners. If I hadn't joined this group, I would have done some exercices for a few days and then just drop it. With the encouragment I get from you guys, I don't feel like quitting, I feel like doing more and more exercices or increase my routine.

Next time I go in the Caribean with my husband, hopefully next December to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary, he's going to have a hard time following me. This is such a good thing after not being able to keep up to him for so long because of my pains. Remember, I use to be a gymnast... Imaging how frustrated I was!!

Have a very nice day everyone and know this, I already did my arms routine :cool::D:D:D

Brag Brag Brag :D:D

Well, I can tell you that it was good at the airport yesterday. Had my juice and my protein bar.

For lunch/dinner we found a bar b que place right by the hotel and had a sandwich and a water.

Found the gym/pool and did a 30 minute workout in the gym (don't have much and my leg cramped up without my stair routine). Then hit the pool for half hour and relaxed in the hot tub to relieve pain in my back.

Today going to hit the step machine in the gym for about 15 minutes, elliptical, and also weights. Going to try to hit the pool again, but we will see. Didn't get up at 530 to get in my swim this morning.

Sitting in class now till 5pm so will have to see what I can get for lunch. Gotta watch the Pens game tonight too, so hopefully our hotels lounge has the game on, so i can play pool and watch.

Have a good day all.

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Can I just say that some of those frozen "low cal" entrees are such a rip off!!! Errrr... I just ate a Weight Watchers ricotta ravioli dish.... it was 6 dinky ravioli. I'm still HUNGRY!!! Ok, got that out of my system.

Those entree are only good to supplement a meal with a HUGE salad.

I ran tonight so I have that marked off my list of "chores". I don't know if I've mentioned this before but when I cool down on the treadmill, I try to do 3 sets (12 reps each) of 8 different arm exercises. I've also recently added in some crunches, girl push ups, and some lunges in the mornings. I look at this morning routine as ante'ing up for the day. I'm basically saying to myself - Ok, I'm in for the day - I'm committing to keeping at this lifestyle. So that's my little story about me!

Great job at working out. I like your story.:)

Matt: I know how tempting airport food is... especially when they don't feed you on planes. You can get really sucked into the temptation. I try to keep a protein bar or two in my travel bag.

Vickey: I'm going to start counting those down steps. Oh, and I counted my stairs at work today - 44 one way. Now I'll start counting ALL my stair steps. :p

Dominique: Hope you're not too lonely yet.

Twinrigger: Congrats on the price reduction and upgrade - you can't get much better than that! 18 days, If only I had that short a time before my cruise!!!

Jamie: Glad to hear that you are hanging in there. BTW: Sometimes there is no rhyme or reason for the scale not moving even if your body is showing changes (slimming down)....I can understand the frustration though.

Take care all. I've gotta go find something to eat for dinner part II. :D

Brenda

I feel soooooooooooo good!!! Taking a shower use to be a real torture and taking it in the morning was even worse. When I took my shower this morning, I felt absolutly no pain, even when raising my legs to wash my tippy toes. That is all thanks to my stopping the medecine and to my fellow loosers-winners. If I hadn't joined this group, I would have done some exercices for a few days and then just drop it. With the encouragment I get from you guys, I don't feel like quitting, I feel like doing more and more exercices or increase my routine.

Next time I go in the Caribean with my husband, hopefully next December to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary, he's going to have a hard time following me. This is such a good thing after not being able to keep up to him for so long because of my pains. Remember, I use to be a gymnast... Imaging how frustrated I was!!

Have a very nice day everyone and know this, I already did my arms routine

Brag Brag Brag :D:D

BRAG....BRAG all you want I love it. I am so glad your lifestyle changes are making your life so much easier and less painful for you.

Your DH will not know what hit him when you are able to run circles around him.

I am trying to build my stamina up so we can do more walking on our excursions and not have the pain I have from the fibro and from all the extra weight I am carrying around.

Well, I can tell you that it was good at the airport yesterday. Had my juice and my protein bar.

Good boy. What protein bar did you go with?

For lunch/dinner we found a bar b que place right by the hotel and had a sandwich and a water.

Found the gym/pool and did a 30 minute workout in the gym (don't have much and my leg cramped up without my stair routine). Then hit the pool for half hour and relaxed in the hot tub to relieve pain in my back.

Today going to hit the step machine in the gym for about 15 minutes, elliptical, and also weights. Going to try to hit the pool again, but we will see. Didn't get up at 530 to get in my swim this morning.

Sitting in class now till 5pm so will have to see what I can get for lunch. Gotta watch the Pens game tonight too, so hopefully our hotels lounge has the game on, so i can play pool and watch.

Have a good day all.

????is this a vacation or a work related trip sounds as if you are having a good time. Keep up the great workouts...we are proud of you.

Today has been a good day.:)

I went in early and finished up my morning routines with my patients and had someone who owed me a favor or two to cover for the rest of the day.

My DH had today off so we went to the Y later in the day and I had the Wellness trainer up my cardio and weight training routine.

So here is what she added....I am now doing a step gliding machine that moves your legs in a stepping/gliding motion and your arms in the same way.

I was able to do it for 6 minutes:( before I got out of breath.

She also added the Precission imaging bike, it is a bike that you program with a tour that you travel, it makes you feel as if you are really on the bike and riding in the scene. I loved this :) and could possibly get hooked on it.I did this one for three 5 minute rides.....hey I will work up to the full 30 minute ride. At least it will change up my cardio and not become to boring.

There was also some changes to my strength training which believe me I am feeling now.

Not to forget she showed me some exercises to do on my BIG BALL.

I also did the treadmill for 35 minutes.

Now I just have to find the time to fit in my much loved swimming and therapy pool.

We then went to the library and I checked out 3 dvd's on how to exercise on that BIG BALL one is called Pilates on your Ball.

I also got some low cal recipe books.

Now for the not so good news:mad:......because we hadn't had time to eat all day we decided to stop and eat at Golden Coral Buffet....I didn't pick the place my DH did....but I did have all intentions of eating a nice healthy salad and some not so bad choices. Well I ate no salad and did eat some not so healthy items. Still didn't eat as much as I would have though so I guess there was so progress made.

And came home and regreted it bad enough to hopefully have learned not to do it again.:confused:

DH and I sat down and made the finale decisions on our Cruise I wanted to go over all the info I gathered on excursions.

He is not into snorkeling anything much to do with water(dolphins/stingrays) so I tried to plan excursions that we both would enjoy, even though he was sweet enough to say he'd watch me do them if I wanted to.

Here is what we decided on, but still have to make finale plans with my cousin and her hubby since they are cruising with us.

Belize....Altun Ha Mayan Ruins and River Wallace Tour (through Carnival)

Roatan...Victor Bodden Tour

Cozumel....Chankanaab Park Tour(Carnival) and then some shopping

Grand Caymans.....Whatever, no plans. Want to see Hell of course.

I have already decided my workout clothing is going with me on the ship so I can keep up my workouts early in the mornings when all the gang is still sleeping as I don't sleep much.

I was busy today and I was not good :( The only training I did was my arms routine early this morning. I could climb on my treadmill since it is in my office, but I feel lazy tonight... :eek: I prefer to do my work in the morning since I am a morning person. So tomorrow morning, I have no excuse and I have a time limit. I have an appointment with my hair dresser at 1pm. I want to have a nice haircut and I talked about having my first colouring ever. I am 41, I am blond and I don't have a lot of grey hair. Actually, you almost have to look for them... I feel a little sad to loose my natural colour :( I feel a little like when I had my tubes tied... Sad... I don't know if I want to spend so much on something that makes me sad...

I spoke with DH today and he told me he would make a nice meal... He got a sunburn yesterday and he looks like a lobster :p I don't even know if I have ever seen him get burned in the 25 years we have been together. He has a skin type that tans very easely. The worse thing about this, is that I can not see his work of art. He forgot to bring a hat, his sunglasses and his sunscreen from home :rolleyes:

I will try to get a good night sleep tonight since I did not sleep too well last night. I also miss my hubby. Must be why I feel so blue :(

Take care everyone

Vickey: You are a work out animal! That virtual bike thingie sounds interesting. I have a hard time riding my exercise bike, it is more effort for me than running (minute for minute). Oh, and the buffet - one meal won't really matter. You are working out to a level that your metabolism is probably covering a multitude of calories! ;)

I've been to Chankanaab park and snokeled and LOVED it. It is really a lovely park. We did that excursion through Carnival as well.

Dominique: You'll have to let us know if you actually got your hair colored. I'm sure that a few grey hairs on you are not even noticable. (You are still young!) I am too vain to go grey but I'm at the point where there are a few more grey hairs showing up every month! I've never colored my hair either so it is a real dilemma since I can't imagine matching my color of red hair easily. Hmmmmm.... blond sounds nice though!

Matt: Good for you! You not only kept with good food choices but you got a work-out inserted into your travel schedule. You are hanging tough!

As for my day...... not much to tell (unless I confess to the peanut butter cookie dough that I ate while my daughter was making cookies for her church group tonight.) I did run (a very bad guilt reaction) and ate a light dinner - 1 small grilled pork chop (not the best meat choice but I had to cook them before they went bad) and a salad with greens, strawberries and raspberry vinigrette (16 calories for 2 TBSP.)

So... that's all for now.

Take care,

Brenda

I just spoke with my 16 year old and she told me that my grey hair was not so apparant and that I should accept my old age... 443712.gif :D I hope I am still around when she gets to be soooo old :D:D Well, my decision is taken, no hair colouring, just a nice hair cut!!

Today is grocery day and I will get myself some 1% milk, some frozen yogourt and some frozen fruits. Mixed together with a banana and you get a nice nutricious meal. Mix the milk with some coco and you get a not so fattening hot chocolat.

I will go now, I have some catching up to do on my workout :p

Don't worry, I'll be back to haunt you

I can honestly say that I can be not so bright... Yesterday, before going to bed, I thought of rubbing my back, but I decided not to. This morning, my back hurts and it wouldn't be wise for me to do all my workout :mad::mad::mad:

I will take it easy today and rub my back tonight hoping that tomorrow will be a better day... @!?&@#$&@$%&@$#?#$&$%*&$@W%&?@#$&$&

I am angry at myself... Does it show??? :rolleyes:

Morning everyone

Did you notice I didn't add the Good in front of that?

This morning is not a Good day I am sore from all the rain we got yesterday and all through the night carried over to this morning and it effects my fibro.

And along with the joint pain it brought on a full blown migraine with sick tummy and all.

I don't know who is taking care of who today me taking care of my patients or them taking care of me.

With that said, I did not make it to the Y this morning.:mad:

The only exercise I want to do is getting this body home and into bed but unfortunately I won't be able to do that for another 6 hours if I'm lucky.

Brenda......pork is the other white meat:D Dh deiced he wanted to do the Chankanaab Marine Park & Mexico Magic Tour through Carnival is this the one you took? This way if I do want to snorkel I can while he sits on the beach and cools off with a drink.

Missou......dear heart I can only imagine how much you must miss your DH.

As for the grey I have blonde hair and it has been getting blonder here as of late so blonde it almost looks white:D So I started just having high lights put in my hair to mask the very blonde.

Well I'm off to go suffer in silence.

The only exercise I want to do is getting this body home and into bed but unfortunately I won't be able to do that for another 6 hours if I'm lucky.

Ho boy, do I know what you are takling about. I use to have migraines that would be accompanied by stomach aches and sickness. The only exercice you want to do in those times is climb into bed and sleep it of. Take really good care of yourself and don't worry about the exercices and the Y, they will still be there tomorrow.

The only thing you should think about is pampering yourself. 11_7_102.gif

Well, I did it. I could not not do anykind of exercice today... So far, the only thing I haven't done is the treadmill. I probably will do it a little later on. I realize that you are pushy too... There are several voices in my head saying try it and if it hurts just stop. By the way Matt, you have a pretty voice for a man ;):D:D:D

In honor of all those with aches, pains, migraines and other annoying ailments, I will take a day off of exercising as well! :D

Seriously though, I hope you all feel better (Dominique and Vickey)....sorry for the yucky day.

Brenda

Dh deiced he wanted to do the Chankanaab Marine Park & Mexico Magic Tour through Carnival is this the one you took? This way if I do want to snorkel I can while he sits on the beach and cools off with a drink.

We did the Chankanaab Treasure Hunt and Snorkel. It was a tour of their eco-park, snorkeling - although some people didn't snorkel, and then relaxation on the beach. They also provided drink coupons for a local bar. There is a lot to do at Chankanaab and it is a beautiful park.

In honor of all those with aches, pains, migraines and other annoying ailments, I will take a day off of exercising as well! :D

Seriously though, I hope you all feel better (Dominique and Vickey)....sorry for the yucky day.

Brenda

Hey Brenda, I did do my exercices, good thing because now, my back feels better.

You better not take a day off!!! :eek::D:D:D:D

Hey Brenda, I did do my exercices, good thing because now, my back feels better.

You better not take a day off!!! :eek::D:D:D:D

Ok... but I wanted to take the day off. I went ahead and got on the treadmill for about 70 min. Did my arm weights and some stairs.

You guys are the little voices in my head! :D (nice voices.)

Glad to hear that your back feels better.

My back feels a lot better. Rubbing it at night feels really good, but I do prefer when my hubby does it. Since I feel so good, I will soon start my exercice routine and go on the treadmill.

Today, I won't be as present as I usally am since I will go see a friend and come back very late or tomorrow morning. She lives 2 hours away from my place and loves cruises too. Try to guess what we will take about...

BTW, this morning, my scale told me that I should go back on the treadmill as quickly as possible :):) On top of you guys, there is this little electronic voice in my head. If it could only be as nice as yours, but nooo... :):)

To all my winning-looser friends, have a really nice day :):)

Happy to have you back with us Matt. It is a 3 days weekend for us in Canada and DH is far far away :(:( I'll be back home at around midnight tonight. My youngest may need a ride home. That is all right with me, I prefer to sleep in my bed anyway and it's only a 2 hours drive.

Happy Friday everyone!

Welcome back Matt!

176 stairs, 65 crunches, 20 push ups (girl kind), 3 mile walk (outside during lunch), and my other assortment of leg exercises. Is that enough for the day? I really don't want to run tonight. Even if I did eat a whole turkey sandwich on a baguette (probably a foot long sandwich!) I don't care. :D

14 more Fridays until my cruise. I think I can make my goal by then.

Take care,

Brenda

I'm back and I had a lovely diner.

When I was parked in trafic, DH called me and gave me a reason to dream. He met a fellow canadian today. This man has built a 50 feet sail boat from top to bottom and he is now in the Caribbean, offering traverlers the opportunity do spend a week with him on his boat. His web site may be in French, but a picture is worth a thousand words http://www.augredesvents.ca As you can see, she is pretty!!! DH spoke to me about spending a week on the boat to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. It is very tempting... I am only wondering about the shower. I would like to see a picture... You never know what kind of shower you will get when you arrive on a new boat ;);)

I'm off to sleep now, sweet dreams

Hi everyone.

I have had several bad days:(

Since last Friday morning I have been in the hospital,it started Thursday with a severe migraine and vomitting. It got so bad that I couldn't hold my head upright and couldn't even keep water down. I got dehydrated.

They say it was brought on by a sinus infection and viral infection:confused:

My white count was messed up and my potassium was way off.

Because of my cancer history they had to start me on a high dose of steriods again and had an IV drip for 2 days to re-hydrate. Got released this morning early only after my blood levels even out.

I am truly going to hate standing on the scales tomorrow.

I feel exhausted.

You would think I'd loose weight this week but I feel so bloated from the IV and from not working out not to mention the meds.

Any way they said I could go back to regular activities but not to overdo.

Here's hoping everyone else had a good week end and will have a great weigh in tomorrow.

Going to take a nap without all the noise of the hospital (not a place to rest for sure):eek:

Archived