Hyatt Place vs. Spring Hill Suites by Marriott

bruru

Please let me know experiences at these two FLL hotels for a one night pre cruise. We have 2 boys ages 18 and 16 and both are 6 footers. Concerned about the sleep sofa at Hyatt Place. Need good shopping for wine and good restaurants for dinner (Las Olas Place for example) Thanks

Please let me know experiences at these two FLL hotels for a one night pre cruise. We have 2 boys ages 18 and 16 and both are 6 footers. Concerned about the sleep sofa at Hyatt Place. Need good shopping for wine and good restaurants for dinner (Las Olas Place for example) Thanks

Hyatt Place was fine for one night for just two of us.. but we did not open the sofa bed--it might be a bit cramped--it's a bedroom area-large bed, bathroom, desk & kitchenette & the couch/sofa bed-- Thgere is a huge TV that serves both areas on a swivel. there were many families with children there for a dance event etc & they seemed to fit in the rooms OK..

it is close to a shopping center with a Publix & fast food, & other stores also a number of restaurants for dinner .. You'd have to take a cab, water taxi or drive to las Olas.... but the water taxi was alot of fun!

have not been to the other hotel

there's more stuff near the HP......if you can get a room with 2 double beds plus the sofa bed you'll be ok i think. actually the L-shaped sofa may be big enough to sleep on without opening the sofa bed...they are HUGE.....trust me. looks just like the website.....VERY comfy to sit on too.

we stayed at the springhill suites at Dania Beach, there were 5 of us and it was great (plus breakfast in the AM). There is a shopping center across the street, KMart(or walmart), liquor store and other stuff. plus a shuttle to Port Everglades.. Not sure about HP.

We have a king suite reserved at HP and I called them today. The clerk said the sleep sofa is big enough for our 2 big guys and DW and I get the king size bed. At Marriott we would get 2 Queen beds in the same room.

I'm also interested in the shuttle service at the two hotels to the pier and from the airport. Are they reliable?

Archived