• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Hope everyone in Melbourne is OK?

You had me worried there for a second...thought everyone knew something I didn't!

Didn't realise it had made international news!

I think they said it was a tremor, not an earthquake (sorry don't know the exact difference!).

It wasn't throughout all of Melbourne as I didn't notice a thing!

Thank you for your concern! :)

I lived in Melbourne's outer eastern suburbs and in the late 70's was woken very early one morning to a bed that was shaking...sat up and leaned back against the wall it was shaking too......came to the conclusion it must be an earthquake so feeling pleased with my observations.. went back to sleep.....:eek::eek::eek: oh to be young and fearless again.........cheers Shiona

Rest assured,if you looked at the USGS(site) ANY NUMBER OF EATHQUAKES are reported all over the world. I looked today and you'd be surprised at the number of places that have felt earth tremors-NONE higher than 5.0 on the richter scale.

We live on an ever changing planet,the earth moves in more ways than one.

I have just been reading: http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/newshome/5373621 that Melbourne got hit by a 4.6 earthquake.

It sounds like Melbourne escape unscathed.

I did not know Melbourne had earthquakes!! :eek:

I Hope everyone is ok?

We certainly felt in, live in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne and around nine pm the roof seemed to vibrate then our floor which is concrete had a tremble, I had bare feet at the time. It was very noticeable. We ran outside thinking a tree had fallen on our roof.

Our son lives at Port Melbourne in an apartment, paintings fell of his wall. He said a lot of residents ran out into the street, all okay though.

All over very quickly but gave us a scare.

Best wishes,

:)

everyone be calm...it wasn't a quake......I'm really sorry....you see I'd just got my blue folder and was doing my happy dance....:rolleyes:

lol

but seriously... it was the worst I've ever felt...the whole house shuddered...quite scary!:eek: kids were also scared...I had both lil darlings in bed with me for the rest of the night!!

Archived