• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

How Early Can I Get On The Ship?

expo

I live less than an hour from the port of Miami. We want to be on the ship as early as possible.

What is the earliest we can get on? What time should I show up to the port?

We get to the port around 10:30. We check in, get our S&S cards. We are given a zone number card to board, hopefully number 1. We sit in the comfy seats and wait to board. Usually around 11:00 - 11:15.

Here goes my broken record again. But just remember...there a 3,000 people that have to get OFF the ship...before you can get ON the ship. Don't be in too big of a hurry. If you show up at 11:00 am...that ought to work out pretty well....but expect some waiting in lines. And just try to make the best of that. It can be kind of fun, expect a line, be patient...and get ready...the cruise is about to begin....I think that can be a fun part of it....everything is what you make of it!

When I've boarded at 11, I've gotten to the port around 10. I've never boarded that early in Miami because there always seemed to be a customs issue or something happening from the previous sailing, but it could happen.

Archived