Cruise Critic Community

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bateau

Randi's on Stone island

...Is there a way for him to follow along with us and meet up with us at Victor's? ....

She charges $15 for the same package less the horse ride.

Randi's guides are extremely professional if you think this person might be willing ride a horse.

I booked a tour with Randi in May. I am glad to hear the good reviews. I'll pick up some doggie treats.

Questions.. I read the coconut and garlic shrimp at Victor's were to die for. Anyone try them? Were they good? What was the price of a meal and what do you get?

PJ

Last July my daughter and I split a garlic shrimp platter at Victor's - it was $13 and delicious! I don't remember what came with it, but there was plenty of food. I think I have a picture somewhere; I'll try to post it later.

Here you go, the garlic shrimp platter at Victor's. We'd already started eating, so there are some bare spots. :D There were shrimp, fries, onion rings, and rice. Also, everyone gets all the chips and salsa they can eat. It was wonderful and we're can't wait until we go again this July! (our 3rd trip with Randi)

July08-DisneyCruise_0109-1-1-1.jpg

I booked a tour with Randi in May. I am glad to hear the good reviews. I'll pick up some doggie treats.

Questions.. I read the coconut and garlic shrimp at Victor's were to die for. Anyone try them? Were they good? What was the price of a meal and what do you get?

PJ

The shrimp are to die for...we shared an order between the two of us. The shrimp are huge and oh so good!! Can't remember the price though...

I am booked with her this in two weeks...can't wait. Have heard nothing but good things about her and her horses. Will write a review when we return...but I am sure it is going to be great. ;)

Thanks to all your rave reviews, I've just sent Randi an e-mail. I'm hoping that it's not too late and that she will be able to accomodate us on the 22nd! :)

One question - is there somewhere to put all of your beach stuff while you ride? just booked this for our family of 4 (2 small kids) and hoping to hang out on the beach after the ride, so will have a big old beach bag - is there somewhere to safely leave it?

Randi will transport your stuff to Victor's and it will be waiting for you when your ride is over. You will love her and her staff and the food is wonderful.

One question - is there somewhere to put all of your beach stuff while you ride? just booked this for our family of 4 (2 small kids) and hoping to hang out on the beach after the ride, so will have a big old beach bag - is there somewhere to safely leave it?

You can leave all your "stuff" at Victor's. Randi will stay there while you ride and keep an eye on it.

I am really looking forward to meeting her about as much as the ride...heard a lot or really neat things about her and her horses...and am dying to try the shrimp at Victors - lucky for me Renee don't eat coconut, so that will leave at least half the shrimp for me ;).

Tell Renee that the fried shrimp is really good too. As well as the guacomole, salsa, onion rings - oh my, I need to plan another trip to visit my friend.

I know you will have a wonderful time with Randi. I am glad the ships are finally heading back to Mexico.

We just booked on Star Princess RT from S.F. and will get to see our friend in 2011. It is a long time for sure but look forward to that beautiful beach and all the good food and conversation. Our favorite place.

a wonderful email from Randi....

She is well and she is looking forward to seeing all her friends from CC!!

That is great! LuAnn

I'm glad the ships are going back to Mexico.

That everyone isn't afraid to get off the ships.

Hope business picks up for Randi and friends.

It's a great ride, beach, food and good people.

Randi is the best!

I'm another Randi fan. I wouldn't consider going to Mazatlan by cruise or air without spending a day with her on Stone Island. We had one person who chose not to ride and spent a nice day on the beach while the rest of us rode. Tony and the gang always line the horses up to take a nice picture of you with the ocean in the background like these.

P.S. Ladies, wear your sports bra!

DSC_0114.jpg.bdbd6d3104c5b8122aeb510cd25b990d.jpg

DSC_0117.jpg.5694b85ca4a7050b250d2961762035a3.jpg

I am so glad the cruise ships are finally going back to Mexico. It has been hard on Randi and all the tour operators with no business. She is so excited to get back to work and make new friends. Tell her "hi" from us until we get back there.

Hi

More Randi fans, she is a truly awesome lady, her stories are great and she is also an intelligent conversationalist. Although we spend many weeks at our friend's barn in Georgia each year my Husband will not ride a horse, he reckons if he wants to get that far off the ground he will take a plane! So he stays with Randi on the beach at Victors enjoying the beer and conversation, we pay the reduced rate for him just for transportation. The photos Cricket has posted include me look at our happy smiles, that says it all. We are already booked for October 2010, Stone Island has a good beach and the food at Victors is definitely to die for I can just about taste those coconut shrimp just thinking about them!

Mindy

Hi all!

We've booked a party of eleven with Randi in October, very excited for that! You also talk about the food at Victor's, and I was curious about the menu. I have a real hankering for grilled octopus, and I wondered if that was available there? Thanks in advance for your replies!!!

Cynthia

Hola all you Victor's veterans!

My daughter is concerned about food safety at Victor's. (We are bringing the kids) Has anyone ever gotten sick from eating there? Do they have bottled water?

We really want to try the coconut shrimp, but really don't want to be sick.

We are going in Nov.

Thanks!

latterdayesther

We have been 3 times and never a problem. I have not read of any on these boards either. Do not miss that shrimp - or anything else they have. Yes they have bottled water.