• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

swimming to Alaska

angiomomma

We are going to be on the May 30 Sapphire Princess north to Alaska. Do you know if the pools will be open? I'm afraid it will be too cold for swimming, but we have two kids and I know they are going to be expecting it. Does the Sapphire have an inside pool? Is is to cold to swim? Are the pools heated? We live in south Alabama, so we are used to warm weather.

Thanks for your insight.

We are going to be on the May 30 Sapphire Princess north to Alaska. Do you know if the pools will be open? I'm afraid it will be too cold for swimming, but we have two kids and I know they are going to be expecting it. Does the Sapphire have an inside pool? Is is to cold to swim? Are the pools heated? We live in south Alabama, so we are used to warm weather.

Thanks for your insight.

Cannot be 100% sure on the Sapphire, but on the Golden all the pools are heated. The temps of the pools were displayed on the Princess channel on the TV's is the staterooms. If I remember correctly the pool temps were all in the mid 80's.

I remember the retractable roof was closed on our Alaskan cruise on the Sapphire for much of the cruise as it was cool and sometimes raining. Turns to feel slightly humid when it's closed. It would be unfair to restrict the covered pool to just adults, as if the weather is iffy, the kids won't be able to go in the pool.

I was fascinated with the title of your initial comments..."swimming to Alaska". My God, what a woman!! Do you swim only one way and cruise the other?? What is your preference...do you swim northbound or southbound??

Like many other cruisers, I fly one way and cruise the other. You may find this a novel idea for your next Alaska cruise!!

I know, I know...this is all in fun. Enjoy your cruise. Your kids will love it!

I was fascinated with the title of your initial comments..."swimming to Alaska". My God, what a woman!! Do you swim only one way and cruise the other?? What is your preference...do you swim northbound or southbound??

Like many other cruisers, I fly one way and cruise the other. You may find this a novel idea for your next Alaska cruise!!

:D I have to agree... I was really worried about the OP, I figured she would freeze to death!

No matter, this is also said in jest... I hope you have a fabulous cruise, and I'm sure your kids will love swimming in the covered pool on your ship (or maybe I'm only assuming?). Truthfully as a kid, I would have been all over the open pool simply because all the old folks were not there... God I'm old! :o

To the OP, have a fabulous cruise!

VB1

Dying laughing here!!!!!! :D I thought the same thing, but not so cleverly! ;)

When we were around Vancouver and Victoria in late Sept./early October, it was warm enough to swim in both the outside pool and the inside pool.

I was thinking the same thing. No, actually I was thinking "Is this your way of not having to get a passport?"

Archived