• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Ruby Princess stateroom wifi?

sharmca

I used my laptop in my cabin the entire cruise on the Ruby in December. It was very convenient!

I think I had to go to the internet cafe to activate my account but not 100% sure. Once it was activated I only used my laptop.

Last week in L252 Ruby - i have great WiFi in my room... it was great

I was on the inaugural and the week after. Used my laptop in my cabin the entire time. Signed up in my cabin, as well. I went to the internet cafe and they gave me an instruction sheet. Very easy to use! :p

I was on the Ruby in January and we had great wifi reception in the cabin, we used it all week with no problem. It's very easy to sign up right from your laptop, it will find the Ruby network, you sign in using your initial and last name and cabin number as your user name. Your password is your birthday at first, then you change it. You will then get a chance to either buy a package or proceed by the minute> just be sure you log off as directed when you are done or the meter will keep running --- you type 1.1.1.1 in the address box and you'll get a confirmation message that you have successfully logged off (and also how much time you have remaining if you bought a package.) We loved it, it was a big improvement from going down to use the internet cafe.

I was on the Ruby in January and we had great wifi reception in the cabin, we used it all week with no problem. It's very easy to sign up right from your laptop, it will find the Ruby network, you sign in using your initial and last name and cabin number as your user name. Your password is your birthday at first, then you change it. You will then get a chance to either buy a package or proceed by the minute> just be sure you log off as directed when you are done or the meter will keep running --- you type 1.1.1.1 in the address box and you'll get a confirmation message that you have successfully logged off (and also how much time you have remaining if you bought a package.) We loved it, it was a big improvement from going down to use the internet cafe.

I just used it a couple of weeks ago on the Crown. Used my laptop right in my cabin, and it worked great! However, be advised, it is Slooooowwwwww! If you're checking emails, I'd advise checking quick, cutting and pasting needed text into a document on your computer, and then getting offline to create responses or other text.

Once you sign off using that 1.1.1.1 mentioned above, make sure you note how much time you have left! :)

I'd really rather not pay as you go, I know that can get pricey. Does anyone know what the package prices are? And how much is the pay as you go price if you don't buy a package? Thanks for your help.

Pay as you go: 75 cents/minute

$55 100 minutes 55 cents/minute

$75 150 minutes 50 cents/minute

$100 250 minutes 40 cents/minute

Often offer bonus minutes if sign up for package the day you board. Example, 30 extra minutes on the $100 package.

No refund for unused minutes

Same prices for use in the internet cafe or via wifi. Package minutes can be used on both.

Archived