• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Very disappointing experience with Princess Reservations

kruisey

Always travel as a single with Princess have sailed with them 11 times.

I was informed by Captains circle that my past passenger discounts will never show on the web so I must phone Princess.

Enquired about a 36 day cruise next February 2010 number M006A.

Was told there were no past passenger discounts for this cruise.

I remembered last year on the web I was getting the least $100 less.

Is this correct that past passengers don't get a discount ,even a small one

on all cruises?

Asked to speak to Customer Relations and was told I had to make a booking first then they would talk about it..............Fancy having to buy something before negotiating a price ? I have never heard of that one before.

Then I requested I spoke with Captains Circle and she replied they cannot help you..........Was holding on for Captains Circle.....then I hung up and thought I had better ask my friends at Cruise Critic?

Sometimes past passengers get discounts, and sometimes the prices are the same for everyone. I've never really let that fact bother me. I guess I just look at it as a case where everyone gets the same low price, even first-timers.

I thought there were always Early Booking Discounts (EBD) attached to every cruise. This sounds very fishy. But, like everything in the "World of Princess" best to hang up and call Customer Service again and talk to a Supervisor. Also, you have over a year before your actual final payment, so once it drops you can get the re-fare for the lower price.

I hope you get a straight answer on this one.

:)

Every cruise I sign into on the Princess site gives me no past passenger discounts.

I phoned Princess again and was told that Customer Relations only handle calls from passengers with pre or post booking enquires and those that have a booked cruise.

So thats as far as I can get with Princess .I phoned the Head office and they

put me through to reservations stating it was they that will put one through

to Customer Relations....................then they gave me the above information.

As regards to EBD they stated that 11 months away was too early.

The cruises I have checked on recently have had the same price whether signed in or pricing without my past passenger status.

I think the pricing for those of us past passengers is a changin' for many sailings. Not something I was happy to see when checking the pricing details. :(

The cruises I have checked on recently have had the same price whether signed in or pricing without my past passenger status.

I think the pricing for those of us past passengers is a changin' for many sailings. Not something I was happy to see when checking the pricing details. :(

Then I thought it was just me that I was being segregated by Princess;)

Why are they starting to do this to past passengers regarding no discounts on the web?

Do we have anyone onboard who has any inside knowledge about this?

I phoned Princess again and was told that Customer Relations only handle calls from passengers with pre or post booking enquires and those that have a booked cruise.

Will handle pre-booking enquires.

Will handle post-booking enguires.

Will handle enquires if a cruise is booked.

Is there any category of people left to speak with?

Seems as if you must fit in one of these groups.

Will handle pre-booking enquires.

Will handle post-booking enguires.

Will handle enquires if a cruise is booked.

Is there any category of people left to speak with?

Seems as if you must fit in one of these groups.

Sorry Caribill I mean't pre booked enquires:o

You dont have to book a cruise,to speak to a supervisor.....EVER

This is what they informed me when they enquired from Customer Service.

They would not let me through to a supervisor.

You have to remove the Cookie that Princess puts on your computer to see the true not signed amount. For my last Princess Cruise that I booked the PP discount was tremendous.

"Fancy having to buy something before negotiating a price ?"

I dont know about anyone else, but I buy most things without "negotiating a price".

I bet it is fun to go to Walmart with you. :D

Well they don't always have the best prices on many products.:D

You have to remove the Cookie that Princess puts on your computer to see the true not signed amount. For my last Princess Cruise that I booked the PP discount was tremendous.

And get back to you all.:)

As spongerob said....Why don't you get a price from a TA. Prices from TA's are alwsys better than direct with Princess and there is usually some kind of OBC, wine and photo vouchers attached to the booking also.

I agree....at least check out a couple of places and see what kind of pricing they can get for you.

Good luck! :)

As spongerob said....Why don't you get a price from a TA. Prices from TA's are alwsys better than direct with Princess and there is usually some kind of OBC, wine and photo vouchers attached to the booking also.

Yes I did contact a big US TA but because of the bad dollar exchange there was not much difference.I would have booked my own air.

I turned off all Cookies and they don't let you past the first page even if not

signed in.

:(

Kruisey, don't turn them off, just clear them by going to TOOLS, then INTERNET OPTIONS in Internet Explorer, then click on the DELETE COOKIES button in the middle of the box that comes up.

Yes I did contact a big US TA but because of the bad dollar exchange there was not much difference.I would have booked my own air.

No problem - just wait about 9 months or so until our deficit here in the US is so huge from this "stimmulus" package that our currency isnt worth anything and we need a bag full of cash just to by a stick of gum. That should bring your price down :D

(ok, ok, I'm sorry, I just couldn't help myself :eek:)

I can almost always find a better price by shopping around various TA's than I can on the Princess web site, regardless of any past-passenger discounts.

I totally agree!

Even after signing on as a "past passenger", rates are better going through a TA.

You're better off booking your own air anyway.

Try logging out at the top of the page.

Pricing 28 day PA Balcony March 27 = $4,669.00 same cruise signed in = $2,733.00 a $1966 difference!!!

Try this with Diamond Princess February 21 2010 for 36 days......I have tried everything and no difference for me.

Archived