• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

baggage storage/transfer for late departure at airport

Does anyone know if there is a service available in Venice where we can either store our luggage or have it transfered to the airport, our flight from Venice is not until 21.40 and therefore it means hauling our luggage around with us all day after debarkation from the ship at 9am, not an easy task especially with two young children in tow :confused:

Does anyone know if there is a service available in Venice where we can either store our luggage or have it transfered to the airport, our flight from Venice is not until 21.40 and therefore it means hauling our luggage around with us all day after debarkation from the ship at 9am, not an easy task especially with two young children in tow :confused:

Baggage storage is available at cruise terminal:

http://www.vtp.it/pages/navi/crociera.jsp?nomeInfo=P&iconaInfo=ico-passeggeri&idm=7X5NR74023955O6R1O71M85ZDYB0N8KY6BZ4FNY9MD34ETCT3QO137RB3V87S767&prg=5

and baggage transfer to the airport is supplied by this company

http://www.trasbagagli.it/Aeroporto.htm

Regards,

HeinBloed

and baggage transfer to the airport is supplied by this company

http://www.trasbagagli.it/Aeroporto.htm

Regards,

HeinBloed

Thanks HeinBloed

Have you used this service? If so, how did it work - we've emailed them as the website is all in Italian, but so far we haven't heard anything.

------------------

There is left luggage facilities at the train station and at P. Roma (buses to the airport go from here).

and thank you ab0si - do you also know how far the train station is away from the the cruise terminal and then how much and how far to the airport on the bus?

thanks again both of you

kids at home cruisers

Have you used this service? If so, how did it work - we've emailed them as the website is all in Italian, but so far we haven't heard anything.

Unfortunately not - we have so far the same problem: we booked a night flight back to have the full day after debarkation for sightseeing.

But next week my Italian staff member is back and I will ask her to call them if you do not have news.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Unfortunately not - we have so far the same problem: we booked a night flight back to have the full day after debarkation for sightseeing.

But next week my Italian staff member is back and I will ask her to call them if you do not have news.

Regards,

HeinBloed

That would be great - thank you HeinBloed :)

regards

kids at home cruisers

We are in the same predicament and after reading the posts, I sent an email to transbagagli and got the response that you must bring your luggage to the airport and they will hold it for you. We really are looking for a service that will pick up our bags at the port and deliver them to the airport and hold them overnight. Does such a service exist?

As promised my co-worker called today both companies:

1. Venice Santa Lucia Station - Cruise Terminal

is available for ALL embarking cruise ships.

But it's very important that you have the original cruise line's baggage tag. Otherwise you can only hope that your ship calls Naples if they put it by mistake on the next train to Naples instead of the ship.

5 EUR per bag.

Should be also available vice versa.

But my co-worker had the impression that the person who answered the phone was familiar but not too detailed regarding the traffic back to the station.

2. Cruise Terminal - Airport

Officially only passengers on charter flights arranged by cruise lines.

BUT you should ask locally an agent who are at the terminals.

They arrange for larger groups.

Individuals only if there is a group arrangement and the agent in good mood and space available. So no garantuee.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Here are some additional information:

Baggage storage in Venezia Santa Lucia Train Station:

http://www.grandistazioni.it/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=09dd82a9ec4eb110VgnVCM1000003f16f90aRCRD

availalbe from 6 am to midnight

4.00 EUR for the first 5 hours

0.60 EUR per hour for the 6th to 12th hour

0.20 EUR per hour after the 12th hour

Here is a map of the station to find the baggage storage:

http://www.grandistazioni.it/cms/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=32b472ceeae7b110VgnVCM1000003f16f90aRCRD

at the bottom (suitcase sign) at platform 1.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived