• Cruise Tips

FBI on Princess

nycgirl12345

FBI investigating allegation of sexual assault aboard cruise ship

By Denise Nix Staff Writer

Posted: 03/09/2009 02:18:21 PM PDT

By Denise Nix

Staff Writer

Federal agents are investigating a sexual assault on board a cruise ship that docked at the Port of Los Angeles this morning.

Princess Cruises Coral Princess berthed at 7 a.m. and FBI agents and an evidence response team boarded the vessel, according to FBI spokeswoman Laura Eimiller.

A passenger accused a crew member of sexual assault two days ago while the ship was at sea, according to a news release issued by Princess Cruises spokeswoman Julie Benson.

"As soon as this allegation was brought to shipboard management's attention, the FBI was contacted, as is our standard practice," Benson said.

"Following the allegation, we also put into place our crime response protocol including sealing off the area of the alleged assault, restricting the crew member to his quarters with a security posting and providing medical and other assistance to the passenger." Benson said. "We are fully cooperating with the authorities in this matter." San Pedro was the Coral Princess' final destination of a 14-day voyage that took passengers through the Panama Canal, according to Princess Cruises spokeswoman Karen Candy.

In 8 minutes, there were multiple posts, a couple of google searches, the posting of a news article and a correction by the OP....impressive emergency response team here

LOL ... thinking the same thing:D

CC'ers have super fast reaction times! I JUST put down my tea to do a google search, but saw the link in the above post...

:)I was wondering if anyone on that cruise had any thought about theFBI coming on the ship.

I would be surprised if any of the passengers knew anything about the incident or the FBI boarding the ship.

Mike:)

I just got off the Coral Princess and I only heard about this a few minutes ago when a friend called me. I was completely stunned. DH and I never heard any whispers or anything else about an assault. I assume that is why we were delayed an hour in disembarkation. DH and I left the terminal building at 11:15 and we only saw the port police.

My parents and their friends were on the ship as well, and they were wondering what was going on this morning. They got off the ship hearing rumors that there had been a murder on board. This story is pretty awful, but it is better than the rumor they heard.

Archived