• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

The new look Sail & Sign cards and you...

*Mach*

A friend of mine from Carnival emailed me today for a link to the thread about the new design Sail and Sign cards... Guess who wants the info?? ;)

See?! Your opinion matters and Cruise Critic is the perfect forum to express it!!

Also, don't forget to check out John Heald's blog... Lots of folks read the input that's gathered there!!

:)

A friend of mine from Carnival emailed me today for a link to the thread about the new design Sail and Sign cards... Guess who wants the info?? ;)

See?! Your opinion matters and Cruise Critic is the perfect forum to express it!!

Also, don't forget to check out John Heald's blog... Lots of folks read the input that's gathered there!!

You and John are one of a kind... A People Person!! If anyone can get the job done, its John at sea and Host Mach on land... Thanks both of you...

You and John are one of a kind... A People Person!! If anyone can get the job done, its John at sea and Host Mach on land... Thanks both of you...

Thanks so much for the flattering words... I love doing what little I can...

The info was actually requested by someone even higher up in the Carnival food chain than John!!

;)

It's kind of interesting that someone at Carnival would ask for a link to a CC thread on any subject. Since my early days on CC, I assumed all the cruise lines pretty routinely checked boards like this to gauge what their customers were thinking and talking about. It's free feedback and opinions on their product.

Regardless, thanks to Host Mach for facilitating the opinions of this community! ;)

It's kind of interesting that someone at Carnival would ask for a link to a CC thread on any subject. Since my early days on CC, I assumed all the cruise lines pretty routinely checked boards like this to gauge what their customers were thinking and talking about. It's free feedback and opinions on their product.

Regardless, thanks to Host Mach for facilitating the opinions of this community! ;)

They do but the thread had slipped back by a number of pages... There were 250 responses and all of them good...

They needed the info pretty quick so she emailed me for some help...

I hate the new cards. I like my shiny all over gold card and was looking forward to my next cruise and getting a shiny silver card. it looks like whoever designed the new ones has been working for carnival since the swinger reputation was popular. Why bother to have such a subtle difference at all. They may as well use the same card with only the holder knowing the difference.

I hate the new cards. I like my shiny all over gold card and was looking forward to my next cruise and getting a shiny silver card. it looks like whoever designed the new ones has been working for carnival since the swinger reputation was popular. Why bother to have such a subtle difference at all. They may as well use the same card with only the holder knowing the difference.

Lots of folks were of the same opinion and some were beat up a bit for it.

Personally, I think that loyalty should be rewarded and even if it's something as simple as recognition with a different color card it's important.

Of course, that's just my $.02...

Lots of folks were of the same opinion and some were beat up a bit for it.

Personally, I think that loyalty should be rewarded and even if it's something as simple as recognition with a different color card it's important.

Of course, that's just my $.02...

That's why I liked the ones that were "colored in" - by a CCer and then posted in the thread.

I am up for a new design...even like the funnel and waves - but thought the color system was lost until a poster filled in the color (blue, gold and platinum) and then posted them here for comment.

Mach if you hear anything else...please keep us posted!!

That's why I liked the ones that were "colored in" - by a CCer and then posted in the thread.

I am up for a new design...even like the funnel and waves - but thought the color system was lost until a poster filled in the color (blue, gold and platinum) and then posted them here for comment.

You know I will...

Y'all are very important to me as well as the folks at Carnival and every opinion counts...

Cruise Critic is the home to the loyal fans for EVERY cruise line, not just Carnival and, as I said previously, we do have a voice!!

Agree with this. The original designs posted in the earlier thread did not appeal to me at all - the "colors" were lost and made them seem inferior to the older, full card color cards. Just MHO, as long as Mach is going to send this thread on to CCL as well. :D

Do you have a link for that? Thank you!

I like them.:)

LOL

As long as they work I dont care what they look like... but it is worth the chuckle on all the threads this will start and reading the platinum cruisers go into full entitlement mode lol:rolleyes::p

Apparently RCI does. :rolleyes:

Carnival I hate the new cards. The funnel and splash are ok but it would be even better if the background were a solid color.

And your opinion will be noted!

I've forwarded a link to this thread as well!!

In that case...

I'll reiterate that I hate the new cards, but I love the mock-ups that were posted! It really is that white background that makes them look so horrible. I still don't like the cheesy waves, either, but I could at least tolerate it if the card background was colored. :)

I am up for my platinum status after one more cruise. I have two booked and planning on more. Unlike some, my ego is fine and I detest arrogance. I don't need to walk around the ship having people know what color my card is, much less care....I do not punch a hole in it or hang it around my neck in a clear card holder so people will swoon at the thought of how lucky I am to have taken that many cruises.

All I want is the bennies I'll get from it.....;)

Archived