• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Food on the All Inclusive Beach Break?

canadarocks

We've signed up for the $35 a person Beach Break that includes all drinks and a snack of nachos. Can anyone who has done this give me an idea about what lunch would cost (ballpark number obviously)? We want to carry a minimum of cash to this port and I've already budgeted for a one hour massage each!;)

We've signed up for the $35 a person Beach Break that includes all drinks and a snack of nachos. Can anyone who has done this give me an idea about what lunch would cost (ballpark number obviously)? We want to carry a minimum of cash to this port and I've already budgeted for a one hour massage each!;)

You'll have to be more specific. Where is your beach break?

Sorry! It's at Pez Quatro. :)

Havn't seen a menu posted anywhere, but here is a link that may give you an idea. The club they are discussing is Pez Quadro.

http://www.shoretrips.com/common/search4.asp?rcode=PNW'',+''BER'',+''CAR'',+''CR'',+''BAL'',+''EUR'',+''FLA'',+''HAW'',+''MEX'',+''NEW'',+''USA'',+''SAM&lcode=CTM&tcode=017202

Most places along the Malecon, the ocean front walk downtown, will be in the $8-$12 USD per person plus drinks. It is $5 to $8 off the Malecon on the back steets but he quality drops with the price. Pez Quatro is on the far south end of the Malecon, so I would suggest you have the taxi drop you at the north end, next the lighthouse. It is about a 10 -15 minute stroll to Pez Quatro and you can see all the restaurants and shops along the way to decide which you like and has the best menu for you. Pez Quatro has a pretty good menu and very nice beach set up. One of the better ones in town. Lots of good beach places to choose from along the Malecon. I like the staff at Tapas and they have a good beach staff. The Tropicante has the best indoor place. Very comfortable seating and open air with ocean views. Great menu too. The message you can get as Pez Quatro while you knock down $35 worth of booze. Have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

We were in Costa Maya last week on IOS. I booked the beach break and waverunner tour through Island Marketing/costamayacruiseexcursions.com.

I didn't feel that Island Marketing was up front with me on a few things. On the website it states that the beach break includes complementary chips and salsa, which it didn't.

The waverunner tour says that it is 1 1/2 hour tour along the shore that includes snorkeling. It turned out to be about 45 minutes of riding in circles in a designated area. It was a major rip off.

I wouldn't book through them again.

We were in Costa Maya last week on IOS. I booked the beach break and waverunner tour through Island Marketing/costamayacruiseexcursions.com.

I didn't feel that Island Marketing was up front with me on a few things. On the website it states that the beach break includes complementary chips and salsa, which it didn't.

The waverunner tour says that it is 1 1/2 hour tour along the shore that includes snorkeling. It turned out to be about 45 minutes of riding in circles in a designated area. It was a major rip off.

Thanks for the warning.

I tend to agree. We just returned from our HAL cruise and I booked the same way with Island Marketing. I was told that they would pre-book our transportation there and back and to find a tour rep at the port, and that a snack would be provided at 40 Canons in Pez Quadro. When we arrived at Costa Maya there was no one there at all from Island Marketing. We had to find our own way there and then had to ask for our snack as well (but it was provided cheerfully).

But the actual experience at Pez Quadro was wonderful. Francisco was excellent!! Truly a great guy, talkative and a great bartender! Hubby and I each had one hour $20 massages right on the beach and met some fellow cruisers who also had a great time there (they got a package that included lunch and they said the food was great!). The "swing up" bar was so cool!

The beach itself wasn't much, but they were hit hard by a hurricane last year. If I was to do it again, I'd go back to the same place but on our own, not with the marketing company. Beers were $3, mixed drinks $5 & $6.

Archived