• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

hotel help in boston

mommyx2

Looking at satying one night pre cruise and 1 night post cruise in boston.

We want to do fenway tour in am before we board ship, where should we stay? i have read that hotels in back bay you can walk to fenway or should we stay at renaissance waterfront close to ship and taxi to fenway in am???

then on post cruise, where should we stay its oct 17th and rates are high, we want to see quincy market, hop on off bus tour, see the sights, with 2 kids.

thanks

Looking at satying one night pre cruise and 1 night post cruise in boston.

We want to do fenway tour in am before we board ship, where should we stay? i have read that hotels in back bay you can walk to fenway or should we stay at renaissance waterfront close to ship and taxi to fenway in am???

There are some hotels (Copley Marriot, Copley Westin, Jury's) in the backbay which are a mile or so from fenway (maybe 2 miles) or a couple of T stops. Copley Square is a good stretch of the legs away, but doable, with kids, it could be a long walk.

then on post cruise, where should we stay its oct 17th and rates are high, we want to see quincy market, hop on off bus tour, see the sights, with 2 kids.

Boston is a small city and can be walked. Hotel rates are high. Black Falcon terminal is in South Boston, which is a bit of a walk from fom Quincy market. They have trolleys that run regularly and the Silver line T(MBTA) which is an inexpensive alternative to taxis.

Good luck

thanks

response in RED

The Parker house is a nice old hotel in downtown Boston right on the Freedom Trail, a few blocks from Quincy Market, Italian North End (great Italian restaurants), the harbor, and about a block from the Boston Common T Station where you can take the Green Line to Fenway.

Go back to your hotel, retrieve your luggage and take a taxi to the Black Falcon Pier.

Boston hotels are very high end. i would try a hotel either in Copley SQ the pru has a hotel)or near Quincy market. you do not want to be near Fenway. not a good area to walk at night. you need to be in town.

The reason why the rates are so high for your date (Oct. 17) is because several of the colleges in Boston have the parents weekend then. Also, it very may be the Charles River boat races (not the official name, sorry, lol).And, of course, the Red Sox can be in the playoffs then also. I remember last Oct. the rates were sky-high for that time. My dd attends BU.

The reason why the rates are so high for your date (Oct. 17) is because several of the colleges in Boston have the parents weekend then. Also, it very may be the Charles River boat races (not the official name, sorry, lol).And, of course, the Red Sox can be in the playoffs then also. I remember last Oct. the rates were sky-high for that time. My dd attends BU.

Yes the Head of the Charles Regatta, the Patriots are in action, as are the Red Sox (hopefully) and the Boston 1/2 marathon is in October too..

If you don't mind staying just outside the city, there is a Doubletree at BaySide. It's about a 5 minute walk to the Red Line. All the train lines intersect at one point or another. Doubletree may have a shuttle. Check, not sure if they have free shuttles but think they might. Also, you may want to check and make sure the Sox don't have a day game. If they do, there isn't a tour of Fenway Park.

try doing a search on priceline.com, you don't get to pick the hotel but you can pick the star level and the district you want. I'm from the Boston area and does this every time I stay in Boston, I've gotten 4 star hotels for under $100 sometimes you may have to go hire but start low. You do have to pay ahead of time but it works. I did this last year when i did my baltics cruise and stayed at the Marriot in Copenhagen for $125 which is normally over $300, good luck

I think you need a room for four people, so be careful with Priceline. I've heard comments that there are no guarantees for more than two people.

Anyway, Mommy2x can you give us an update on where you stand? We haven't heard from you in a while.

Boston hotels are very high end. i would try a hotel either in Copley SQ the pru has a hotel)or near Quincy market. you do not want to be near Fenway. not a good area to walk at night. you need to be in town.

I live in Boston and Fenway park is fine especially in October, it is where all the hospitals are, Emanuel College, Wheelock College, emerson college. It is a fine neighborhood with a movie theatre and small mall. Perfectly safe, I am there frequently.

Kenmore square is there as well.

However, I would stay in Backbay, you can hop on the green line and get off at Fenway and do your tour, hop back on the green line and shop in Back bay, newbury street great are lots to do. Stay away from cabs, they are a rip off, the subway is great easy to navigate. The orange line is in back bay/copley as well. Have fun.

I think you need a room for four people, so be careful with Priceline. I've heard comments that there are no guarantees for more than two people.

Anyway, Mommy2x can you give us an update on where you stand? We haven't heard from you in a while.

Hi, I am hear. Sorry Kids are on Spring Break so its crazy around here. Still trying to figure out Boston Hotels. They are all expensive. I am going to keep checking. Thanks for all the replies...

Hi, I am hear. Sorry Kids are on Spring Break so its crazy around here. Still trying to figure out Boston Hotels. They are all expensive. I am going to keep checking. Thanks for all the replies...

Hi there, try this link. Put in 3 people and it should take you to all the hotels in Boston. Looks like the doubletree is the cheapest. I would seriously try priceline. You may get lucky for 150.00 per night.

http://www.hotelcraig.com/

Look at the Constitution Inn in Charlestown - $189/night. Also, look at the airport hotels before the South Boston hotels because the transportation into town will be easier. If you must go south, then look at Braintree near the "T" stop.

Archived