• Deals
  • Find a Cruise
  • Reviews
  • News
  • Cruise Tips

Scubagirl we need your help Wynham or Hilton?

Izzyaxl

Hi Scubagirl, Group of girls wanting to snorkel and have drinks on the beach. We have our own gear, which beach is better for a party atmosphere? Sorry in Nassau

Hilton certainly is not a party atmosphere.. it's just to opposite.. and we like it that way.

That being said, there really isn't any decent snorkeling from any beach in the nassau/paradise Island area.. they've been depleted from overuse, chemicals and construction.

The best I could offer is to go to the Wyndham and head to the Sheraton next door (they are sister properties and you're allowed to used both properties with a day pass from the Wynhdam.

The sheraton has some rocks a little ways out (you can walk to them).. you'll find some sealife ther.. but again.. nothing to write home about. No coral heads, no schools of colorful fish. bring along some cheerios from the breakfast table and see what you can coax out of hiding.

Hello,

We will be in Nassau in September. I have been taking notes on what to do. How far is the Wyndam from the pier. I know in another post I read you catch #10 jitney from the Straw Market. Is the Straw Market by the pier? I am so confused. We are selling on the Conquest.

Hello,

We will be in Nassau in September. I have been taking notes on what to do. How far is the Wyndam from the pier. I know in another post I read you catch #10 jitney from the Straw Market. Is the Straw Market by the pier? I am so confused. We are selling on the Conquest.

The straw market is a few short blocks from the pier along the wharf.

The wyndham is about 4 miles west of downtown. The #10 jitney can be found on George Street (off Bay street which runs parallel to the wharf).

George Street is across the street from the BAY Street entrance to the Straw Market. Just ask any of the locals.. they will be happy to help you.

Jitney is $1.25pp. Tell the driver to drop you at the wyndham.. and pay the exact amount when you leave the jitney. No change given. It's easy.

Reverse to come back to downtown and the port. George Street is the last stop coming back.

Archived